9: I'm Whipped People!

"Ace?!" I knocked on the door to his room and no one answered so I opened it gently and it produced a small creak. I stared at his disarranged room and he was sat on the floor with his hair ruffled.

"Leave Dali." he muttered without taking a glance at me.

"I've told you countless times Ace. I'm really here to help." I said as I picked up the books that he had disarranged and began arranging them back on the shelf.

"You never really listen do you?" he asked. I took a glance through one of the books which looked new. Immediately, I had a paper cut and I hissed smally as the blood gushed out of a tiny hole. I wrapped the finger around my mouth and stared at it again. The blood still gushed out but it wasn't as painful.

I brushed the pain off and sat next to Ace in the same position as he was. He was holding a small bracelet and I could tell it belonged to someone he cherished.

"I'm so stupid Dali." he muttered and I was glad he was going to open up to me, it felt as though.

"No Ace." I said and he placed his head on my shoulder, I shivered at a bit at the contact. I was comfortable with him, there was no doubt about that and I could tell he was too.

"Is it possible to love someone you don't even know much about?" he asked with a humourless chuckle.

"Yes, it is." I replied.

"I wish she could stay longer but if I hadn't done what I did, she probably would have." he said and I wondered what he did to make her leave. "I killed her. Not physically but I know I did."

My heart sank in my chest after he said this. Ace was really just a broken guy.

"Do you think she died because of me?" he asked, playing with the bracelet.

"Of course not Ace. If you're ever thinking that then forget about it because I'm sure she felt the same way."

He held up my hand and wore the bracelet in it. "Feels exactly like her." he chuckled humorlessly. The coldness of the bracelet caused a memory to flash through my mind but it had gone before I could even get a hold of it.

I knew I had begun to like this guy, there was no denying and I was afraid I'd get too attatched which was exactly what I tried avoiding.

"Dali...whatever happened earlier was a mistake." he spoke and my heart shattered in my chest. "I...I'm sorry but it's never going to happen." he added. "I might be attracted to you but there's no way I'd see you that way Dali."

That was all it took.

Was all it took to shatter me completely. Like that feeling when no one in this world appreciates you or wants you around.

"Of course A-Ace...I couldn't like you even if I wanted to." I lied with a pretended laugh.

"Let's just stay friends."

"Yeah, agreed." I bit back the tears and tried my best not to let them fall. I had no idea why this felt more painful than it should've. I took the bracelet off and gave it back to him. "I don't deserve to wear this. Save it for the chosen one." I laughed but behind that laughter hid pain. The pain of liking someone that could never like me back.

The pain was worse than any other I had felt.

"You're funny." he laughed.

"I-I'll just g-get some water. I feel sort of choked up." I said sincerely, I was really choked up with the tears that were threatening to fall.

"I could tell someone to get it." he said as he released me.

"N-No it's fine." I faked a smile. He nodded and returned the smile. I walked out as fast as I could and ran into my room. I slid to the floor and cried my eyes out that very moment. I had no idea what to call the pain I was feeling but it all lied around rejection.

I felt so useless and now, I really wanted to regain my memory so I could get out of there. Seeing Ace everyday wasn't by any chance helping.

I cried till night and I felt really lonely so I opened my drawer and I noticed the small gift box Rocco had left the other day he was here. I had totally forgotten to check it out.

I tore the wrapper and saw a white box. I noticed it was an expensive phone since it looked just like the ones I had seen with Kayla, Ace and Rose and when I opened it, I saw an half eaten apple logo on it. I really had never used anything like this before.

I smiled through the tears as I read the note on it which said 'GET WELL SOON AND HERE'S MY NUMBER ;) I'M HERE WHENEVER.

ROCCO : )'

So I switched on the phone and somehow, I knew how to use it too. I dialed Rocco's number and called immediately. He picked on the third ring and I was beyond happy hearing his voice.

"I see you couldn't stop thinking about me." I could hear his smirk as he spoke.

"I just r-really needed someone to talk to." I chuckled nervously as I wiped the tears off.

"Are you okay Dali?" he asked and I could tell he was at a loud and busy area.

"Yeah, I'm just a bit bummed."

"I-I can't hear you."

"Should I call back?" I asked. There was only noise filling the environment. "Hey?" I called again and after a while, I could hear him again.

"Sorry about that."

"It's okay, are you at a party?" I questioned since it sounded like it.

"Yeah. Ace should be here but he isn't so it's just Draven and I." he said and I nodded even though he couldn't see me. "Is something wrong Dali?" he asked. "Your voice sounds a bit shaky." he noticed.

"Just started developing feelings for someone and he clearly thinks I'm disgusting." I frowned.

"Disgusting? Did he say that to you Dali?" he asked furiously.

"N-No. He didn't say it but I know it."

"That's not true. You are one of the prettiest girls I've met and sometimes, I even look at you like I should take you right there but you obviously would just chop my balls off." he said and I laughed.

"Of course not." I laughed.

"I just feel like it after the whole thing with you and Addy." he chortled. "But on a more serious note Dali, I don't think you are disgusting or anything like that, I'd totally ask you out if I could." he said and I blushed. He was so straight forward and I loved that about him.

"Really?" I laughed.

"Come on Rocco," I heard a feminine voice in the background. "I'm busy Cher." he groaned.

"You should attend to her." I said.

"She just wants me to f**k her but honestly, she's not turning me on." he sighed.

"Ew." I laughed at the level of comfort he had whilst saying this.

"What?" he laughed too.

"Never mind, attend to her."

"If you'd come over, I'd attend to you." he said seriously and I felt butterflies in my belly. What's with these boys and topics like these?

"Fuck off." I laughed.

"Violent much?" he feigned a hurt voice. "But seriously Dali, I won't do those things until you actually approve them and until Ace does too." I frowned at the mention of his name. "But for now, I'll still imagine you in my bed." I could sense the playful tone in his voice and I laughed.

"You're such a perv!"

"Rocco." I heard the whines the girl had made.

"What about we talk later Dali?" he asked in a husky voice.

"Okay, I'll see you at school I guess." I said.

"Bye."

Then the line became silent after producing a short beep. I sighed and closed my eyes but all I could think of was Ace.

I'm whipped people!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________