𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗜

— ✰ —

"AIDAN HURRY UP!" The Mother of Aidan Gallagher screams up the stairs. The said boy lifts his head up quickly from under the small shelf he was looking under, his head lightly bumping the top. He lets out a small groan and rubs the top of his head as it throbbed.

"I can't find my shoes!" He shouts, not without mumbling a few curse words to himself. Realising they were nowhere in his room, he got up to his feet and ran down stairs.

"What are you looking for, Dan?" Aidan looks up and notices Tom, his best friend, stood at the bottoms of the staircase with a smug look on his face.

"Stop calling me that." He mutters in annoyance as he picks up a pair of his old shoes and goes to slip them on his feet when he notices Tom with his hands behind his back. Aidan sighs and drops his old shoes, turning to his best friend and holding his hand out expectantly. —"Just give them, Tom." He tiredly sighs.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Tom shrugs but the smirk on his face only grew wider when he sees the unamused look on his best friend's face.

After a few more moments of glaring at one another intensely, Aidan charges towards him and successfully grabs the shoes out of his hands. He smiles in satisfaction and slips them onto his feet before grabbing his backpack and swinging it over his shoulder.

Tom grumbles in annoyance and follows Aidan out of the door so they could walk to school together.

—————

Aidan tiredly tiredly walks into his first lesson of the school day: English. This was the only lesson in the day that he doesn't have with Tom or any of his other friends. He prefers to sit in the back corner on his own where he could concentrate and just get on with his work.

It wasn't long into the boring lesson when he felt himself already falling asleep whilst his teacher went on and on about the same thing for the next hour. Just as his eyes dropped, the classroom door opened and in came the principal with a young girl by his side.

Aidan quickly sits himself up and makes himself look more presentable as the new girl walks over to the English teacher, awkwardly standing by his side. The green eyed boy watched as her knuckles grew slightly white from how tightly she was nervously clutching onto her backpack strap.

Our English teacher, Mr Warlock, smiles and turns towards the classroom with his hand gently on the girls shoulder. —"Class, this is our new student, Y/N." He announces and the young girl bites down on her lip and looks down.

Once the principal had left, Mr Warlock gestures to Y/N to sit down beside Aidan. Aidan shifts in his seat as the girl quietly walks over and sits down beside him, giving him a slight nod of acknowledgment.

"Now, this semester your grades will be marked from a group project. So the person sitting beside you will be your project partner and you must work together to design a D.I.Y airplane NOT made of paper!" He explains. Aidan and Y/N both glance at each other before nervously looking away.

Throughout the rest of the lesson, the two made plans to meet at Aidan's house after school to work on the project. Although Y/N isn't the type who would care about her grades that much, she wanted to make a good first impression at the school.

The bell suddenly went which made Aidan feel slight disappointment, giving the fact they were connecting with each other way more smoothly than they though the would've. Aidan picks up his backpack and throws it over his shoulder, quickly catching up to Y/N who had already walked out of the classroom.

"Hey, Y/N!" Aidan shouts and the girls quickly turns around, a smile spreading across her lips. —"So we're going to meet at my place later?" He asks.

"Sure. I'll see you later." Y/N replies before turning around and walking away. Aidans's eyes follow her until the crowd of students swallow her whole.

For the remainder of the day, both Aidan and Y/N's minds were fixated on thee new friend they had just made.

—————