Prologue

"Is this the place we used to love? Is this the place that I've been dreaming of...?"
❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥❥

The scorpion den, Sand Kingdom:

Unrest was stirring in the undercover black market, likely caused by the arrival of an unusual customer.

Majestic and royal, Queen Thorn wasn't who most dragons would take for a local. For those who knew her from her times leading the small rebellion, it wasn't as surprising.

Her tail swept through the thin layer of sand covering the floor, but that was the least of her worries.

There was someone out here. Someone who was planning her demise. And that someone could be stalking her now.

She approached the flowing tents of her old home, the bittersweet memories coming back to her. Her loyal Outclaws, the place where she reunited with her daughter...it really had been too long.

Granted, they were all safer now. Qibli and his NightWing friend, Moon, were with her at the palace, when they weren't at Jade Mountain.

Queen Thorn turned away from the base, spreading her wings to fly back toward the palace.

It wasn't smart to come here while it's so crowded, but I suppose it's too late now.

RainWing village, Rainforest Kingdom:

Winter was on his 78th day of his studies. The sanctuary plans were going great, and Queen Glory had assisted him with the funding.

Lynx, in her last letter, had promised to visit soon with Hailstorm and Queen Snowfall.

Winter was a bit worried about his cousin's sudden collapses and how she was having visions, but it had helped them defeat the Breath of Evil.

Besides, Lynx had promised that Snowfall had gotten rid of the ring, so he didn't know why he was still worried. Maybe it was the fact that every time he saw his friends, something bad happened.

Maybe it was just fate for them to only meet in life-threatening circumstances.

Jade Mountain:

Anemone found herself unable to sleep in the early hours of morning. As it turned out, her brother Turtle had the same problem.

The siblings stood at the entrance, watching streaks of warm color begin to fill the inky sky.

"You know...it's been a while since we've just been able to talk. You're my brother, for moons sake, and I haven't even been in the same room as you in almost 6 months," Anemone pointed out, causing her brother to frown.

"That's true. We need to hang out more." He responded with a toothy grin. "Maybe down by the underground lake?"

She shook her head vigorously. "Why not out here? Not as many terrible memories."

He nodded understandingly, silently agreeing. He knew Tamarin liked the underground lake, but he didn't know that Anemone felt so strongly about its dark tunnels and twisted stalagmites of rock.

Perhaps it was for the best if both of them tried to forget the past. It only lead to trouble anyways.

The Sand Palace, Sand Kingdom:

Qibli turned when he heard a familiar silvery voice call from the library. He turned, facing the Nightwing head on before launching himself into her arms.

"Moon! It's been so long since you last came to visit!" He exclaimed happily, and she smiled softly at him.

"Yeah, it has. Remind me to visit more...I missed you a lot," she hummed, and he secretly agreed. The Outclaws had a lot less work now that Queen Thorn was...well, queen.

That didn't mean the Sand Palace was boring, by any means! It just got repetitive after a while, and he had missed those small teardrop-like scales in her eyes.

She rolled over to face him. "Have you seen Winter in a while?"

After a moment of thought, Qibli shook his head.

They all really needed a reunion... it was unfortunate that it would come with such a price.

A/N: HELLO EVERYONE!! Thank you so much for checking out the beginning of this book, it means a lot to us!
This has been a long work in progress, and I am sad to say that at the moment we aren't accepting new members while we try to gather this new schedule we all must adjust to.

The members that assisted with this chapter are:

- Jaime (A_Lonely_Lesbian), the one writing this and the one who wrote most of this chapter
- Qibli567, who wrote some of this chapter and came up with the basic plot
- WatsonPhia, a valuable member who helped with the finer parts of the plot and who will be our eventual editor

And last but certainly not least is lunatail27, the one who found the cover and is the member who founded this whole thing in the first place.

Once again, thanks for reading! I promise not all the announcements will be this long-

Have a great day!