Shadow People

---Warning for two uses of r*tard, clowns, dehumanizing language, and panic attacks---

Tord breathes slow and soft, it's pitch black, shadows sway back and forth.

As it is with most nights, while his roommates slept peacefully in their own rooms, Tord laid awake. Counting the seconds.

Mostly, it was boring, nothing to do, no one to annoy. Silent, slightly cold, and dark. It was boring as hell.

Then came the fear, it's not too surprising that an already anxiety-ridled person would become paranoid after several days of sleep deprivation from his own brain.

Tonight was one of the worst, one where he's simply forced to make eye contact with the imaginary clowns in the corner of his room. One where he can't move, not matter how hard he struggles. All he can do...

is breathe and wait. Wait for the sun to come and clear out his room, reveal the secrets behind his pile of laundry.

Tord does not handle that kind of helplessness well. Especially when the fucker starts talking at him.

The voice sounds like a distorted version of his roommates, echoing around the room.

"I wish I'd never even bothered to take you in"
"Insufferable"
"Incredibly needy"
"manipulative"
"borderline psychopath!"
It'd repeat.
Over.
And Over.
And Over.

And as it moved closer, it continued;
"He was probably in some freak accident"
"I wouldn't want him in my house"
"an impossible creature to raise"
"Are you sure he isn't retarded?"

Tord tried to thrash, to run away, it doesn't happen, the clown is inches from his face, repeating, over and over;

"This is why you're going to die alone"

Tord tries to cries out for help, a gentle sob being the only thing to come out.

*click*

And suddenly, bright light fills the room, and the clown is gone.

"What the fuck are you screaming about? I can't sleep!" The comfortable sound of Tom complaining comes from the door frame.

Tord gasps for air, finally able to pull himself away from the bed; "Oh my god! Tom!" he cries.

Tom's taken aback and slowly steps over to Tord's bed, "Woah, alright... Are you, uhm... okay, commie?" he asks gently.

"Y-Yeah, Yeah i'm...Alright...I can um..." Tord looks down at his hands, he's shaking aggressively.

Then his hands are taken gently into Tom's, "Look at me," Tom instructs. Tord does so, looking hesitantly into Tom's black eyes.

"When was the last time you slept?" Tom asks.

"Last Ni-"

"Tell me the truth, not your joking bullshit," Tom cuts off.

"Uhm..." Tord swallows anxiously, "On the couch, when Edd left us Matt-sitting,"

"Tord, you realize that was three days ago, right?" Tom chuckles softly.

"I do," Tord nods, chuckling as well.

"Can you really only sleep around me?" Tom asks, "Cause there's that, and the shopping trip, and that one time when I played bass,"

"I think? That's how it's been so far," Tord nods.

"Ok, do you want to come to my room for tonight?" Tom asks.

Tord pauses, then laughs, "If this is some prank, can you stop it now? Why are you being nice to me?"

Tom laughs, "Its not a prank" he shakes his head, "I-I can't tell you why, yet, okay? Just...take it as a truce, for now, so I can fight you at your best,"

Tord's taken aback, he can't control the pink covering his cheeks, "Then Y-yeah, I'll...I'll come with you. Just for tonight! So I can fight you,"

Tom nods, "Whatever you say, commie," He shrugs. As Tord starts slowly climbing out of bed, he's swooped up into Tom's arms.

"Ah-!" Tord squeals, clinging onto Tom's top.

"Shut up, you're gonna wake Matt up," Tom laughs, "If you haven't already,"

Tord mumbles a complaint, but can't help but snuggle into him and he's carried away and tossed onto Tom's bed.

"AH-!" Tord squeals, louder this time.

"Shut up!" Tom complains as he closes his door.

"Don't throw me!" Tord crosses his arms

"I'm already doing you a favor, commie," Tom rolls his eyes.

"Whatever," Tord rolls over and faces the wall as Tom crawls into bed next to him.

"Well...Uh...Goodnight, Tom," Tord says awkwardly. It's been a really long time since he's shared a bed with someone.

"Pfft- What? You too much of a man to cuddle me? After i rescued you from your stupid room" Tom teases.

"God shut up," Tord chuckles, rolling his eyes. A minute passes, and slowly, Tord lets himself roll over and slowly wraps his arms around Tom, the same way he does with his pillows.

Tom takes a moment, and then turns towards Tord, their positions causing Tom's face to be buring in Tord's chest. It's new. And weird. And comfortable.

"God, you're so tense, make yourself less weird," Tom complains, Tord laughs softly and breaths out slowly, his muscles softening, and Tom adjusts himself.

Tord rests his chin on top of Tom's head, and it only takes a few minutes for him to fall asleep.

====================

Tord groans as he wakes up, he's in Tom's room, and Tom's still asleep in his arms, yet he sees a note on the bedside table.

Carefully, Tord reaches out and grabs it, making sure Tom stays asleep.

"Hi guys! I was gonna wake you up for breakfast, but you looked too peaceful. Matt and I are going to the park today, so we might be gone when you wake up.

-Edd"

Tord feels his face heat up. in embarrassment and shame. He doesn't understand why. But he can't handle the thought of Edd or Matt knowing. And he quickly pushes Tom away, scrambling to leave the bed. But he wakes Tom in the process.

"Woah, are you okay, Tord?" Tom mumbles, rubbing his eyes.

"It's nothing, I'm fine," Tord shakes his head.

"Then would you come back to bed? It's weird now that you aren't here," Tom jokes.

"No! You fucking weirdo, I-I can't fucking believe you...ugh-!" Tord groans, "Just take this as the truce being over, you ass,"

"Dude, what's your fucking problem?" Tom argues quickly, "I thought we were finally getting along!"

"Shut up!" Tord says sharply, "You fucking...manipulative...needy... insufferable... fucking...retard!" he shouts, rushing out of the room, slamming both Tom's door and his own door on his way back to his room.

As soon as he's alone, he collapses onto his bed and breaks into sobs, screaming into his pillow.