Chapter 31

"Dad, can we not have this argument again? I just want to train like you said we would, Peter will be over soon and the last thing I want is to start another screaming match like yesterday." I huffed.

Dad rolled his eyes at me before walking towards the front door, we'd been fighting non-stop since I brought up the field trip yesterday.

Katie called me earlier saying tonight was cancelled due to last minute maintenance being done on the building, because of that I wanted to train instead so I'd keep my part of the bargain with dad.

"Only till five-thirty, tell Peter to head over quick if he wants to be involved." He said as we got to the elevator.

I pulled out my phone and texted Peter, as weird as it was going to sound, I really hoped dad and Sharon her a room tonight so they're in a better mood tomorrow.

"Are you guys going out tonight?" I asked looking over to him.

"That was the plan, yes." He sighed.

"I'm sorry that I'm interrupting your date night but this is the only time I get with you now. Not to mention I'm trying to uphold my end of our deal, but whatever." I said opening my texts to Jesse.

Dad groaned beside me in frustration as we waited to reach the gym floor, there was no way I was going to let him get out of training.

The doors opened and we walked out, my eyes still on my phone looking over the most recent message from Jesse.

'How are you guys going? Any better than yesterday? I wish I could be there to distract you, I get how it is when you fight with your parents. Maybe staying at a friend house for a few days might help over the weekend? MJ might be free. -Jesse'

I smiled to myself as I read it in his voice, since our date on Friday I've been taking with him almost every day.

"Okay, two hundred pushups." Dad said snapping me from my phone.

"Warm up first?" I asked confused.

"Should've done that before." He said walking over to the rowing machine and taking a seat.

I put my phone on the floor and dropped to the ground before starting my push ups, hopefully Peter would be here soon as he was a little bummed out from not being able to train yesterday.

By the time I'd finished my push ups Peter burst through the door, he rushed over and stood beside me waiting for his instructions.

"Are those the school gym clothes?" I asked looking at him as I stood.

"Yeah, I couldn't find anything else." He said giving me a hand.

"Less talking more working, two-hundred mountain climbers." Dad instructed.

We dropped to the ground and got to work, though it didn't take long for me to start getting tired.

"Two-hundred crunches, then a hundred squats." He said pacing.

I huffed before dropping flat and rolling onto my back, the bright lights made it impossible to keep my eyes open.

"Hurry up, I haven't got all night." He said firmly.

By the time we'd finished he called it a night, without a word he left the gym leaving us on the ground panting in exhaustion.

"What was that about?" Peter asked.

"Hes just in a mood, since work was cancelled tonight it threw his plans off." I huffed trying to stand.

"Plans?"