01 Moving on

You were stalking the pantry from the glass window before going in. You were checking if Lee Haechan was there. You will only enter if he's not. Because you knew Anna and Britney, who were gossiping while enjoying their coffee will certainly tease you.

You felt relieved as you confirmed that he was nowhere to be seen in the pantry. But you were unaware of what's going on behind you. Haechan were leaning behind your back, curious of your action. He tried to identify what exactly you were looking at through the window.

Haechan: What are you looking at? I couldn't find anything interesting.

You were startled as you turned facing him. He was so close that your lips almost touches his sharp jawline.

y/n: hmm nothing

You took three steps to your right, taking a distance away from him.

y/n: Are you going in?

Haechan: No.. I just passed by, on the way to the director office.

You rushed, pushing the pantry door and close it. Finally, exhaled the breath that you had been holding for roughly two minutes.

Anna and Britney were giggling.

Y/n: What is so funny?

Britney: you should have kissed him. Why are you letting go this once in a lifetime chance?

Y/n: Are you mad? He's engaged, you idiot. By the way, I'm moving on from him. My mum had set a blind date this weekend. Hopefully, he's someone decent.

Anna: Seriously? Finally, after three years of one sided love. Who is it?

Britney: Anna, it's a blind date. BLIND!

Haechan was standing behind the pantry's door, conversing with his staff but at the same time listened attentively on your conversation.

At the meeting room, you were busy
jotting down the points presented by your co-worker. Haechan was sitting infront of you, the table became the separator of you and him. You unintentionally catches glimpses of him, staring at you while listening to the presenter.

You were slightly taken aback when he kept on stealing glances of you while presenting. You knew that it was not merely the eyes of a presenter trying to gain attention from his audience but it was different. The corner of his lips lifted slightly when he looked at you. A little smirk you could say.

Haechan: Alright that's all from me. Thank you.

As you were organizing your pens into the pencil case. Haechan picked up your correction tape from the floor and placed it on the table.

Y/n: Thank you

Haechan: welcome.. y/n!

You swing the chair facing him. You need to lift your head looking at him.
Your neck was slightly strained as he was still standing. He's indeed tall and it became more obvious since you had been called as shorty since forever.

Haechan: Can I talk to you in private for awhile? Here would do, since everyone had left.

Y/n: sure!

He finally take a sit besides you. You massage your neck a bit, not making it obvious of course.

Haechan: Are you free this evening?
I'm planning to treat you for dinner.

Y/n: I'm free. What about everyone else? Are they?

Haechan: No it just the two of us.

Y/n: I thought you're treating the whole team. What is it about? Have I done something wrong?

Haechan: yeah you did. You played with my heart.

Your heart seems to have stopped at that moment. What on earth is this man talking about? Did he fall for me? It seems impossible. You couldn't stop thinking on his ambiguous statement.