6

Harry's first class was charms. He wasn't behind and he realised he knew a few charms that weren't taught until later in the year. That made Harry relax more knowing he wouldn't have to worry about catching up. The next class was potions and for the first time since he found out he was a wizard, he had no trouble preparing his potion. But he also found himself enjoying the class. His teacher, Gavin Reynolds was amazing, who kept asking every student if they needed help, none did. To Harry, it showed what a teacher should be like, which is nothing like Snape.

When the bell rang Harry hang back, 'Did you want something Harry?'

'Well, I was telling Professor Wright about my uncle, he's a werewolf and has to rely on Severus Snape for the wolfsbane potion. He's the potion master at Hogwarts. The thing is Snape hated my father, my godfather and Remus, my uncle, sort of. Well, you might have heard that I had to leave Hogwarts because of Dumbledore interfering in my life and all the dangerous situations I ended up in, all because of him. I'm worried that he might get Snape to poison Remus or not make it how it's supposed to. I know I don't learn that until the end of next year and before this class I would never attempt any potions, due to Snape's lack of teaching. I was wondering if maybe I could assist you to make the potion, but I'll pay for all the ingredients. It's one potion I want to learn, to help Remus.'

'That is nice of you to want to help. Yes, all the teachers were informed so we would know that we may be approached by one of Albus Dumbledore's contacts. I'll tell you what, you did well today, the potion turned out perfectly and I didn't see you make one mistake. If you can continue for the next month then you can help me make it for your uncle.'

'Thank you Professor, I really appreciate it. I found out my mother was brilliant at potions but since Snape hated my father and I look like him, he made it impossible for me to learn, for most of the students to learn. This is one subject I really want to excel in.'

'I don't see you having a problem at all. But now you better get to your next class,' Harry grinned as he nodded then hurried to his next class.

Over the following weeks Harry couldn't believe how easy he found learning. Every class was enjoyable and he found he wasn't behind at all, in some cases he was in front, like defence. Even though he had multiple teachers for defence against the dark arts, it seems Harry was able to do the work and the spells. Every teacher he had was great, they were friendly and so far he had not seen one student get in trouble. Harry was already beginning to love this school.

He would write to Sirius and Remus, he would write to Neville and the twins, he would write long mushy letters to Susan and he would do that every weekend. He only used the mirrors once a week, he did not want to get behind now he was finally able to learn. Even if using the mirrors were easy and tempting, he wanted to use his evenings for his school work.

It was three weeks later that Professor Reynolds asked Harry to remain behind, 'Did I do something wrong Professor?'

'No Harry, you're potion was perfect. In fact every potion you have made since you arrived has been perfect. I would say you could go on to be a great potions master, if you wish to that is.'

'Thank you, now I'm here and learning, I'm going to concentrate on what I might want to do when I leave. But since I have been here and this class is great, I have a feeling my career will have something to do with potions.'

'You have time, now, the wolfsbane, if you are still interested then you can assist me. I have to make it for the other students, so there will be no cost. Once you have mastered that potion I will allow you to make it yourself while I supervise, those you can pay for yourself. But the one we make now can go for your uncle and the students.'