[𝟐.] 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞?

_______ 🐯 _______

_______ 🐯 _______

He cleared his throat to address a misunderstanding, then crossed his arms and tilted his head, recognizing MK by both voice and appearance as Sun Wukong's successor.

"Kid, you can stop the act now."

Immediately, he complied as the said- successor lowered his defenses, processing the individual before him. His eyes widened in shock and recognition, sparkling like stars.

"Oh my... Uncle Zhangzhao? Is that really you?"

"That's me, though I prefer if you stop calling me 'uncle'."
Zhangzhao grumbled as he looked down at the floor, noticing the noodles he had ordered lying abandoned in the dust. He cast a displeased glance at MK, raising an eyebrow with a pronounced frown.

He was evidently displeased to find the plastic filled noodles lying on the floor.
MK appeared to be aware of the situation, requiring no reminder as he instantly retrieved the plastic containers and handed them nervously to Zhangzhao.
The latter sighed as he accepted them, offering a faint 'thank you'.
Just as he was about to depart towards the backdoor of the plane hangar, MK eventually called out to him.

"So, uh, uncle-"

"Zhangzhao." He corrected.

"Right, so, uhm, Zhangzhao... What brings you here?

Raising an eyebrow, he maintained a visible frown, indicating his lack of interest for conversing at the moment, as it was evident that he was presently occupied with repairing his prosthetic arm and a short break.

"To work? I don't see why I should be doing anything else other than that.
What about you? Shouldn't you be fighting crime and getting taught by your mentor?"

"Which one?"

"... Wukong. What else is there? Macaque?"
Zhangzhao arched an eyebrow, as if it were all that obvious.

While he acknowledges Macaque's existence, he is keenly aware that the six-eared Macaque is Sun Wukong's enemy.
Nevertheless, even to this day, he remains indifferent to their current strained and complicated relationship.
What matters most to him is simply not being bothered by Sun Wukong.

The teen could only laugh quietly as he slipped his hands into his pockets. Although it might seem strange, MK felt a strong urge to request a favor from Zhangzhao.
With Sun Wukong absent and work becoming tiresome, MK thought of the idea of approaching Zhangzhao, despite Sun Wukong's advice to meditate alone.
There was a certain quality about Zhangzhao that led MK to believe he could be a capable instructor, despite his apparent lack of patience.
And so, he asked;

"Uncle- I mean, Zhangzhao... You know, you seem like a capable guy, with your strength and personal connection with the Monkey King and the Shadow Warrior...
You wouldn't mind if I-"

"I can't teach you anything, kid. I'm sure you already know that you and I have differing views regarding combat."

"But-"

"No but's."
He interrupted, cutting off MK while gradually distancing himself from the teen.

MK's shoulders drooped in defeat, his once hopeful spirit shattered in mere moments as he retreated back to his van.
However, just as he was about to move further, a groan caught his attention from the background. Instantly recognizing it as a positive sign, he spun around dramatically to find Zhangzhao, already shaking his head while pinching his temple.

"First you and your friend stole that book I borrowed, and now you wanted a lesson...?
Kid, you really are something."

"So... Am I officially in?"

"Temporarily, until you stop calling me your uncle."

____________________________

‼️This chapter has been rewritten for the sole purpose of renewing the plot of this story.

I would like to advise readers, -who had been reading this book for a few months-, to reread the newer version of this book.
As always, thank you for reading this book and making it this far to witness its progress.

There'll be more to come during the next updates (⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~