Miss Missing You

*FLASHBACK TO 5 YEARS AGO*
"Patrick, I think we should stop. It's nearly 5am! Your fingers are GONNA start bleeding!" I giggled as I joked with him. We had been practicing music in the basement since 11:00pm that night.
"Just a minute!" he said still starting down at his guitar, playing his heart away.
"Okay, well I'm gonna go get a drink." I got up and and he nodded as I left the room.

I walked up stairs into the kitchen. I went to open the fridge and get a coke, but there weren't any. Still turned towards the fridge, I yelled down to Patrick.
"Hey! Patrick! Did you drink all the cokes?" the music had stopped so he should be able to hear me.
But I didn't hear a response.
"Patrick!"
He still didn't answer. I sighed and bent down to see if we had anything else to drink.
Suddenly I felt hands on my waist. I jumped and screamed.
"Gosh darn it, Patrick! You scared me!" I turned around so I was facing him and he started tickling my stomach.
"Patrick stop!" I was giggling uncontrollably. "Patrick... Stop... I can't.. Breathe."
He stopped tickling me, but he still had his hands on my waist. We just stared into each others eyes.
After a few seconds I just bashfully smiled and looked down.
"Oh yeah, and I did drink the last coke..." he said trying to hold in a laugh.
"Patrick!" I playfully hit his chest just before he ran back downstairs, me chasing after him.
*END OF FLASHBACK*

I stand there in shock while I see Patrick slam his hands against the steering wheel. He's still in the car. He looks nerved up.

I hurry and close the heavy door so he won't know I was staring outside. I run to the bathroom and brush my hair a little and wipe away my tear stains. I then run and sit down on the couch and turn the tv on hoping to look casual.

In a matter of minutes I hear a small knock at the door. Oh my gosh. This is it.
I slowly stand up and walk over to the door. I hesitate for a few seconds before I pull it open revealing Patrick standing there dripping from the rain.

"Patrick?" I ask trying to sound as normal as possible. I push my hair backwards and rub my eyes a little, acting tired even though I'm wide awake on the inside.

"Autumn..." he stares at me for a few seconds looking like a lost puppy. Then he just walks through the doorway and engulfs me in a hug.
At first, it shocks me but then I wrap my arms around him and nuzzle my head into his shoulder.
"I've missed you so much you have no idea." he says still holding me close.
"I've missed you too..." I said just enjoying the moment.
Its been so long since I've been in his arms. I'm just soaking up every second of it. I've missed his softness, his smell, the way he's not much taller then me but still just enough, I've missed him.

After about a minute of just hugging and swaying back and forth, he pulls back a little.

"How have you been?" he asks me.
"Um, I'm okay. What about you?"
"Yeah, I'm good." he smiles a little and looks down.
"So... Not that I'm not super stoked to see you after all this time, but can I ask why you're here at 5:45 in the morning?" I giggled a little.
"Well, I've been having these dreams about you..."
I gasped and looked at him. He could tell something was up.
"What? What's wrong?" he asks concerned.
"I've been... having dreams about you too..." I couldn't believe we had both been dreaming about each other.
"That's really strange.. Well what are your dreams like?" he asked.
"Um... Well, let's go sit down and I'll tell you about it."
He follows me into the living room and we sit on the couch.
"So... In my dream, it's starts out as me and you in my old living room having a good time and laughing, and then everything starts spinning and suddenly we're at an airport. Except you can't see or hear me. And then you start to board a plane, and I'm trying to get to you before you leave but you don't notice me, and then you leave and the last thing I hear is you whisper my name before I jolt awake..."
"That's crazy! My dreams are really similar to that!" he starts. "Except in my dream, I leave for tour and then realize I should have stayed with you but it's already to late. And I try to get back to you but its the same thing... You can't see or hear me anymore." he explains.
"That's so insane..." I look across the room thinking about everything he just said.
Has he been missing me as much as I miss him? I really hope so.
"Well, do you want a cup of tea?" I ask. "Its really early, and it might make you feel better."
"Sure." he smiles a little.
I get up and walk over to the kitchen. I start another pot of water, this time enough for two cups. As I wait for the water to boil, I look over to Patrick again. He's fiddling with his fingers, like he always does when he's nervous about something.
To be honest, I can't even believe that he's sitting on my couch right now. I mean not cause he's famous now or anything, but because I haven't seen him in so long, and I never thought I'd see him again. Its kinda crazy how things work out sometimes.

I hear Patrick's voice from a few feet away, bringing me out of my thoughts, but I can't make out what he said.
"What?"
"Where's your bathroom?" he asks laughing a little.
"Oh, around the corner." I say grinning.

The water is boiling now so I turn the stove off and pour it over the tea bags.
Patrick never liked the tea bag left in his cup so after it sat for a minute I took it out and threw away. I stirred in two teaspoons of sugar into it, just like he likes it. Then I make mine the way I like it and walk out of the kitchen.
As I come out of the door way, Patrick walks out of the bathroom at the same time. I bump into him, but not hard enough to spill the tea.
"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry." I said giggling.
"Its okay. Good thing you didn't spill it on yourself." he laughs a little and we walk to the couch.
I hand him his tea and we just catch up for a while. Talking about the last four years, how his tours were, albums, the guys, and then we talk about me. We talk about how I've been keeping up with music a little bit, but not professionally. I explain to him how I've gotten better at guitar, and he tells me he'd love to hear it someday.
That's one thing I've always loved about him, no matter what I do, he always seems so proud of me. Even if it's the tiniest of accomplishments, he still acts so interested. It makes me feel good about myself.

After we talk for awhile, I get around to asking him a question that's been bugging me since he first got here.
"So, how long are you here for before you... leave to tour again?" I ask nervously.
"Oh, that's the thing I forgot to mention. I um... Well me and the band... We're kinda on a break right now..." he looks down at his cup.
"Like a break between tours?" I ask.
"No, like an official break..."
"Oh... For how long?"
"I'm not sure yet. However long it takes I guess." he says looking up at me.
"Oh, okay... So does that mean you get to stay around with me for awhile?" I smile.
"Yeah! I just um... I don't really have a place to stay.." his smile fades.
"Patrick, don't be silly." I say rolling me eyes. "You're staying here." I smirk at him.
"Really? Thanks Autumn." he smiles and hugs me again.
"Of course! Why wouldn't I let my best friend stay with me?" I laugh a little but then catch myself. What if he finds it weird that I still call him my best friend after all this time? I frown a little and look down.
"What's wrong?" he asks.
"Oh, nothing! I was just thinking." I laugh it off trying to cover it up.

I look outside the window and see the sun coming up over the horizon.

"Wow, it's already daylight. We've been talking for a while." I laugh.
"Yeah, we have." he giggles.

It kinda gets quiet for a second so I turn up the tv.
Its some silly sitcom about a married couple, but it's funny so I leave it on.
I take another sip of my tea and Patrick does the same. I sit it down and lean back on the couch.

Patrick looks at me and holds out his arm. I give him a puzzled look, not sure what he's wanting.
"Come here, silly." he says.
"Oh." I giggle a little.
"What, I can't cuddle my best friend after I haven't seen her in forever?" he says teasing me.
I laugh a little and scoot closer to him. I cuddle up to his warm chest and pull my feet up on the other side of the couch. I look up at him and he smiles down at me and pokes my nose lightly. I giggle, wrap my other arm around him and turn my attention back to the tv.
We sit there all cuddled up like that for a while until I start to get sleepy.
Had he not been here, I would not have been able to fall asleep again, something about his presence is just so comforting to me.
I smile to myself, so happy at how this night turned out and let my eyes slowly get heavy.
'I'm so glad to have him with me again.' is the last thought I think before my eyes slowly drift closed...