paper-thin walls

Lisa and Jennie's wild night at Hillside Lodge & Spa... from Rosé and Jisoo's perspective.

-

Rosé walked out of the bathroom in her pajamas, toothbrush hanging out of her mouth as she spoke to her fiancée through muffled words.

"I jus' think there's something she isn't telling me," She walked back over to the sink and sloshed the toothpaste in her mouth before spitting it out and immediately walking back out to face Jisoo, whose brows were raised in engrossment. "You surely noticed how she was practically burning holes in Jongin all night."

Jisoo sucked in a breath before licking her lips, grabbing Rosé by the hands and pulling her close to where she sat on the edge of the bed so their knees touched. "Give her time. She told you she'd open up eventually."

Rosé let out a dramatic sigh, "I know, but-"

They were suddenly interrupted by a loud thud coming from the other room. Lisa's room.

The thud was immediately followed by a muffled groan. It sounded like she'd gotten hurt. Rosé and Jisoo both looked at each other with concern before Rosé made her way towards the door that conjoined their hotel rooms together.

She lifted her knuckles to knock against the door, but all of a sudden, a loud moan broke through the thin walls, louder than before.

Her eyes widened as her body froze, mouth fell, and eyes turned to lock onto Jisoo. The blonde could only gape in shock, as the brunette across from her was torn between that and amusement, biting her lip, stifling a grin.

It was clear what was going on in Lisa's room. It was also clear that the voice she currently heard across the paper-thin walls wasn't Lisa.

Jisoo immediately went for the remote and turned on the TV, hoping it would drown out the sounds of pleasure coming from the other room. Rosé walked over to cuddle up beside Jisoo, getting as far away from the door connecting their rooms as possible. She furrowed her brows in deep contemplation as she tried to put the two and two together.

She truly couldn't pin any of it down. Lisa had been acting off lately. Not her usual confident, blunt self. Rosé had noticed her stuttering and fluttering and drifting the last few times she'd seen her.

And earlier? When Rosé wasn't pestering Lisa about opening up that sharp and sly head of hers, her friend had been staring Jongin down as he loudly flirted with Jennie and retreating to her phone instead of partaking in conversations with the group.

Something was very very wrong.

Or very very right, according to the sounds coming from her hotel room.

It killed Rosé to not be in the know. To not have the scoop on whatever Lisa was currently going through. It was clear Lisa wasn't dealing with her feelings very well, and Rosé needed the other woman to know that she'd always be there to support her as her best friend. Surely, Lisa knew that, right?

Rosé shifted into Jisoo to incite some words of reassurance from the other woman. Before she could even open her mouth, however, another loud sound was heard from across the walls.

It was the fact that the mystery woman in Lisa's room could still be heard over the soap opera playing on the TV that boggled her mind. The volume had to be at least halfway.

"What is she doing to the poor woman?" Jisoo muttered, turning up the TV to the max.

Rosé blushed, crossing her arms and pondering on why Lisa wouldn't tell her- her best friend- of the steamy affairs she decided to partake in during Jinyoung and Irene's bachelor-bachelorette trip.

Rosé broke the silence, "That almost sounded like..." Jisoo met her eyes, and Rosé shook her head, "No, she'd tell me, wouldn't she?"

Jisoo raised both eyebrows, "If you saw them at cake tasting, you'd be getting a different idea."

Okay. Wow. Did Jisoo know more than her about this? Rosé narrowed her brows. "What? What were they like?"

Jisoo shrugged, "Very smitten with one another." Jisoo let her lips curl into a smirk, "Lisa was crouched, hiding behind a potted plant." Jisoo snickered to herself. "In public." She added.

The whites of her eyes shot open as a hand went over her mouth. "Lisa? As in, our Lisa?"

"Our Lisa," Jisoo nodded, confirming.

Rosé was baffled. To think that anyone could cause the woman to lose her cool like that felt impossible. Especially someone from Lisa's past, from before she and Rosé met. Just how much had she not told Rosé?

Rosé and Jisoo awkwardly laid side by side in bed, Rosé swimming through hints of what Lisa may have been hiding from her about this situationship.

Jisoo, on the other hand, seemed to be trying to focus on the TV show when suddenly they heard a woman cry out in pleasure. A woman who was definitely Lisa, Rosé noted. Then, it was finally quiet.

Jisoo and Rosé looked at each other like they couldn't believe it. Like at any moment now, the walls would crumble, making this too good to be true scenario reveal its true colors.

All they could do was silently snicker into one another. Rosé contemplating what she would say to Lisa the next time she was able to grab her aside.

-

"No rush," Rosé smiled, watching Lisa's eyes still dazed from just waking up. She tried not to linger on the mark on her neck or her sweater as she slightly backed away from the door. "Take your time."

As soon as the door was shut, Rosé frantically pulled out her phone and began slamming the keys as she marched down the corridor to the elevator. She could not wait.

ROSÉ (7:07 A.M.): ohmygodohmygodohmygod

JISOO (7:07 A.M.): Words, baby.

ROSÉ (7:07 A.M.): i just checked in on lisa
ROSÉ (7:07 A.M.): she'd just woken up... and you will not BELIEVE what she was wearing

Jisoo didn't reply for a few moments. She probably expected Rosé to go ahead and tell her. When she didn't, she started typing again.

JISOO (7:08 A.M.): What?

ROSÉ (7:08 A.M.): the sweater jennie wore last night on the patio skskskjsjsksjsksksks

JISOO (7:09 A.M.): Hm. Interesting.

ROSÉ (7:09 A.M.): i'm heading down now. god this breakfast is going to be something

JISOO (7:09 A.M.): We can't let Lisa know. She'll kill us and throw our bodies into the East River.

Rosé looked at her phone, and let her mouth twitch into an eager grin before putting her phone down and watching the elevator descend. Lisa absolutely wasn't above such acts, and Jisoo may have been right, but Rosé did not have the capacity to not explode in excitement at the first chance she got to get Lisa cornered to talk about her feelings.

-