Part 4

This part is long, this lowly writer apologies in advance.

But it's the last battle people!!! Get your popcorn ready and enjoy... 

Sudden flashing lights; the beat dropped heavily, like a heart pounding full of anxiety and dread – that's how Xie Lian used to feel when WhiteNoFace showed up on his channel. All in white, he looked huge, as if the smoke was part of him. And against him, the red shape of Hua Cheng.

WhiteNoFace started; his rhymes were cutting and precise, with wordplay and inventiveness; one could see he wasn't a nobody – he was The Crown Prince of Wu'Yong, he was hip hop royalty. His real identity didn't matter. The crowd cheered the challenger; he bowed, acknowledging them and then it was Hua Cheng's turn.

Hua Cheng rhymed back aggressively, his sharp wit drawing blood, his tongue a cursed blade of misfortune; Xie Lian heard rumours of Hua Cheng's viciousness in The Cypher, but now he was seeing it, and he couldn't believe it. He thought he was way better, the crowd going crazy – not to mention Hua Cheng was hotter...

Stage effect cannons exploded with silvery streamers; the flashing lights made they look like tiny fluttery butterflies. Hua Cheng just stood there in a defying stance. There was no doubt now, he was the legendary Crimson Rain Sought Flower!

WhiteNoFace had to upper his game. He was witty and versatile, and soon Hua Cheng was sweating, struggling to keep up. Still, if pressed he could win; he shot a look back, and Xie Lian gestured, enough, you did enough, more than enough.

Hua Cheng understood: it was Xie Lian's war; it didn't matter if winning or losing, Xie Lian himself would have to step inside The Cypher and stand up to WhiteNoFace, face his fears. And Xie Lian knew Hua Cheng believed in him, he always has, even when Xie Lian himself didn't.

WhiteNoFace did a dismissing gesture; Hua Cheng stepped in for a warm-up, but the real battle was with Xie Lian, and it was his turn. Hua Cheng took a bow, and the crowd cheered nonstop, more "silver butterflies" crossing the skies. He gave WhiteNoFace a threatening look, and as he was walking off stage, they heard, off the mic,

"Now I know who gave you confidence, Xie Lian. But, you know what he wants, don't you?" and laughed in mockery. Hua Cheng showed him his middle finger.

He walked to Xie Lian, touching his face, and said, "The L word", and kissed him long and deep.

The Guoshi, "..."

Feng Xin, "..."

Mu Qing, "..."

And down from the front row, they heard a "Hoho!" from Pei Ming – who else.

Xie Lian felt numb with that kiss, and as much as he didn't want to break it, it somehow gave him courage; or maybe made him want all that done and over with. He smiled at Hua Cheng, touching his face too, and said in a low voice, almost a whisper, "San Lang, I'll be right back".

He turned to WhiteNoFace; his sweet and gentle face going dark, and no matter what, he was facing his biggest fear head on. WhiteNoFace's expression of course couldn't be seen, but from his body language one could see he wasn't afraid at the least; he was at ease, had a mocking stance even, and welcomed Xie Lian to the stage theatrically.

As the challenger, WhiteNoFace started, his verses witty and cutting-throat sharp; Xie Lian could check him out while he was battling Hua Cheng, but now it was as if he got a boost, his rhyming hard to follow, let alone match. The audience cheered him, and after a moment Xie Lian stepped in.