Chapter Six

So... Hey guys. @_chemicalcandy_ here. I'm so so so so sorry that this was put on hold. It was really my fault. There were, uh, let's say some problems in my life and I had to deal with them. It made it really hard for me to do any writing, but I think I'll be able to get back into this.

I tried to make this chapter pretty length, as an "I'm sorry" present. Hope you guys understand and forgive me. <3
-@_chemicalcandy_

**Addition: I just found this chapter about a week ago. I had my iPod taken away for a really long time, and I had to sift through mounds of emails just to find it. I was supposed to upload it on Cinco de Mayo, but I had so much to do that week and I forgot.. Also, please forgive my stupidity. Thank you. I'm sorry for making you wait.
~@killjoybreath **

------

Darkness. It surrounded me, covering me in a veil of false comfort. I knew this feeling, for I had felt it before. So many years ago...

*flashback*
"Come on Chem! Do you want to come on patrol or not?"

"I'm coming Jet!" I yelled with a giggle. I had only been in training for a year, and they already thought I was ready to go on patrol! With Jet Star of course. He never let me out of his sight.

I slipped on my shoes and jacket and ran out of my room. Jet was at the end of the hall, so I ran to tackle him. He fell down and we lay there, laughing hysterically.

"Stop goofing around and get going," said a serious voice. We stopped laughing immediately and looked up to see party poison looking down at us. But the serious tone in his voice was contradicted by the huge grin on his face.

"Your such a party pooper," I said, dramatically flopping onto Jets chest and earning an "oomph!" from him.

"Okay, I'll go on patrol then. Bye Jet, goodbye Chemical." Party turned to leave.

"NO!" I yelled, jumping up. "Come on Jet, let's go go go!!!"

Jet stood up with a smile still on his face. "Just wait, I have something for you," he said before walking out of the room. I looked to Party.

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise," he said while messing with my hair. "You'll see."

Jet walked back in with a small white box in his hands. "You didn't think I'd take you out there without a weapon, did you?"

Confused, I grabbed the box and pulled the pure white top off. Inside was a ray gun, painted with different purples. I picked it up in awe.

I'd trained with these before, but this one was special. The training guns were all white, and this one was my favorite color. It was mine.

"Do you like it?" Jet asked with a hopeful look on his face? He always tried to make me happy, and was constantly scared he would disappoint me. He never has; he was there when I needed him. He was the older brother I always wanted.

"Jet, I don't like it..." I began and saw his face fall. I smiled before I finished, "I love it!" And gave him a big hug. He hugged me back and his smile returned to his face.

"Happy birthday Chem." He said into my hair.

"It's my birthday?" I asked. "How do you know? The Umbrella Academy never told anyone their birthdays. To them they were just pointless days, no reason to care about them."

"Well... They keep that information in their databases for security reasons... Kobra hacked into the files, and we found your birthday." Party explained. "Enough talking. Get going!"

I ran out the door and Jet followed. We started to walk, into the endless desert. We didn't talk much, just enjoyed the silence. There wasn't much of that back at the house.