Adapting

This chapter is dedicated to littlej_xoxoxo as she gave me a GREAT idea on where to go for this chapter! Thank you again! I also just want to mention that I'll kind of be skimming through New Moon since it's my least favorite Twilight movie for obvious reasons. I need Jani back together ASAP!

After Dani made that phone call to Jasper, she fell back into her depression

After Dani made that phone call to Jasper, she fell back into her depression. So, she called up Jessica once again to go to a party. Dani didn't want to be like Bella and wallow in her own depression, she needed to get out and have fun. She needed to forget. Forget about Jasper and the rest of the Cullens. She hopped down the stairs and out the door to Jessica's car. It was 9pm and Charlie hadn't come home yet, so Dani knew that she would get an earful from him when she got home later.

As Jessica drove away from the Swan house, she started shaking her head, "Your sister has lost her mind."

"What do you mean?" Dani raised an eyebrow.

"When she and I went out to the movies, she decided that it was a good idea to get on the back of a motorcycle that belonged to a complete stranger. She's out of control," Jessica explained, still in disbelief of Bella's actions.

"Oh joy," Dani rolled her eyes. "So she's either too depressed to function, or she's an adrenaline junkie that's going to get herself killed."

"You should talk to her," Jessica said hesitantly.

"I am not my sisters keeper," Dani glared at the girl. "I'm going through a break up too. Why am I always in charge of her and her actions?"

"Because that's what you normally do. You're always the one to either protect her or smack her out of whatever phase she's going through," Jessica said, making Dani narrow her eyes at her.

"I'm not doing it anymore," Dani scoffed. "She wants to go out and be an adrenaline junkie and get herself killed, that's on her."

"Aren't you technically doing the same thing by hanging out with me?" Jessica asked, knowing it'll only anger Dani.

"This is completely different! I am hanging out with someone I know and leaving with someone I know. I don't go hook up with random strangers, or leave with them for that matter," Dani hissed, knowing that Jessica somewhat had a point.

"If you say so," Jessica breathed out, deciding to drop the conversation for now.

* * * *

When the two girls got to the party, Dani pushed the conversation with Jessica in the back of her mind.  Right now, she just wanted to have fun and not think about Jasper for once. They entered the house of Tyler's house and it was full of people. That's how Dani knew that it was going to a great party. Right off the rip, Tyler started handing Dani and Jessica shot after shot. Dani enjoyed the burn of the tequila running down her throat. Five shots in and Dani started dancing with whoever she could find in the crowd. It was soon after that, that Dani started to feel the drowsy feeling accompanied with the heavy feeling in her head.