End

So- Hello!!!!
This update is on the 27th of june 2022, and my last chapter update for this was 30th march of 2020.

A lot has changed. I reread bits and pieces of the previous posted chapter, and saw that-
It really wasn't as much effort as it felt it was. It was just me venting, and that being hard to put into words.

This isn't too long- I just wanted to use my improvements to give you guys a final chapter. :>

(Alas, because of my random 3-5 chapters that arent chapters and, are instead, me complaining, this is..... CHAPTER 14!!)

wattpad says this has 745 words, but im pretty sure 350 or 400 of those are my rant. this is pretty short because frankly i need my sleep before work

and, in a way, this is me taking those vents that I wrote into fanfics, and then giving old me lessons that I had to learn about life to overcome them. you can see this at the beginning.

Everyone has different perceptions of you and the world. You, too, have perceptions of them. It's better not to worry about it.

What taught me this is mostly the fact everyone in public looks at me, because I'm clearly trans. The easiest solution is not to care. They're being angry just for the sake of being angry.

------------------------------------------------------

Meeting people who treat you like everyone should by default, can change everything.

Certainly, your perception of yourself can shift constantly.

You might realise, that you're the only one shaping yourself to be the person you feel like you truly are.

Self-consciousness is difficult. But with learning more about self-confidence, it eventually comes to fade.

You need to accept that everyone's perceptions of you will be different, and to believe they all think terribly of you is to think terrible of them. You're lowering them to pieces of shit without ever knowing them.

He understood that now.

Zak looked up at the treehouse. That same treehouse he always came back to when he needed to be alone and couldn't find that chance anywhere.

That treehouse, had been completely renovated, with his and Darryl's hard work. It worked wonders. Lanterns were hung using the trees around the treehouse.

Even the ladder up was decorated with flowers hanging from the floor of said treehouse. A few leaves were stuck in them, but they suited them well.

Autumn was cold.

The wood was no longer old and rotting, this place was no longer cold and empty, and everything just-

Everything felt so much brighter than it had when he first came here.

This was the place of some of his darkest times. And yet, now, it felt the closest to a home.

A head peeked out of the treehouse. "Zak? Are you coming up?"

The cold of autumn finally struck through the warmth he felt at the sight, and he shivered. "Yeah, yeah, wait a second!"

"The coffee is gonna get cold! Come up here!!" he shouted in the same volume.

Zak sighed before climbing the ladder. "There's so many leaves."

"They're pretty, though!" Darryl was holding one in his hand, spinning it around with a smile.

A fort of blankets and pillows scattered most of the treehouse.

Only the best for a hang-out spot in the middle of the forest.

Zak leaned forward to put his head against Darryl's chest. The latter ran his hands through Zak's hair. Zak sighed contentedly. "Thank you. For everything."

Neither needed more words to understand. "Of course."

After all, everyone deserves a life away from pain. And this was their world to live in.

------------------------------------------------------
fin.

-

rant about my changes incoming:

March 2020... I'm pretty sure that was me starting to have my gender crisis. Holy fuck. I've come a long way.

On a summer job right now. My sister is sitting right next to me scrolling through TikTok and here I am, deciding this needs an ending. :>

Almost all of my coworkers know I'm trans!!! Or, at least the 3 of 4 groups I've worked shifts with. They still mistake my name a whole bunch, but it's still more than I expected. I barely met half of them a few days ago, and I can already comfortably use masculine pronouns around them!!

I'm nonbinary now. I think last chapter, I was questioning if I'm a trans man. Honestly this is my only way of measuring time.

....And listen, all I'm gonna say is being in the genshin shipping community for a year can teach quite a lot about mixing the nature with emotions.

Kazuha is high and talks to the wind. Venti probably can hear people through the wind. Xiao is an adeptus, and what if him hearing us call is also him using the wind to hear 👀 Yes I'm an anemo boys enjoyer.
Especially Venti. Listen mans character is like straight outta a fairytale.

also wow ao3 is like. a lot more professional. and i kinda miss the simplicity of being able to write whatever I wish here. this is kinda really nice honestly. i forgot how neat it was