𝐢

Paige's POV

"𝐖𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝗼𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐔𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐍 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝗼𝐰𝐧 𝐛𝐲 3, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 17 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝗼𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝗼𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝗼𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝗼𝐜𝐤. 𝐅𝐮𝐝𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝗼 𝐁𝐮𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐁𝐮𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐫𝐭. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝗼𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝗼𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝗼𝐥𝐤𝐬. 6 𝗼𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝗼𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝...𝗼𝐡 𝐧𝗼. 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐠𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐧𝐮𝗺𝐛𝐞𝐫 5 𝐟𝗼𝐫 𝐔𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐍, 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝗼𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩...."

Pain.

Pain is all I can feel. It seems like my knee shifted out of my body.

"Paige. Paige, are you alright?" I hear one of my teammates say. I look up, seeing the green eyes of Kaelynn Rapinoe, one of the freshmen that I never really talked to.

I opened my mouth, but instead let out a loud scream that was probably heard across campus.

My whole team is surrounding me, the trainers looking at my knee. Kaelynn still has my hand in hers.

"Paige, we think you tore your ACL. We need to get you up and in the locker room so I can look at it further. Kaelynn, will you help her up?"

She nodded her head and placed her hand on my back. "C'mon Paige, I got you." I smiled at her and she helped me to my feet, shifting most of my body weight onto her.

As I got up, the whole arena erupted in cheers, happy to see that I was alright. As Kaelynn walked with me to the locker room, Stanford players and coaches patted me on the back, congratulating me for my well-played game.

I saw Kaelynn look over to the Stanford bench and give Cameron Brink a look. "I wonder what that was about." I said to myself.

When we reached the locker room, the training staff immediately started looking at my knee, elevating it and icing it. I turned to look at Kaelynn.

"Hey, thank you for helping me, I appreciate it." She smiled at me. "No problem Paige. Are your parents here?"

I nodded my head. "My dad and brother are here, my mom isn't though. Yours?"

"My moms are here, along with most of my aunts." I looked at her confused. "I never knew you had two moms, that's pretty cool. What are they like?"

She laughed. "Well my mom is crazy, she's a big goofball, and my momma is a bit more strict, she's really big on being the best player I can be. Ever since she retired, she's been my coach."

"Wait, coach? Your mom played basketball too?" She nodded her head. "Yea, my momma actually played basketball here, and she played professionally for Seattle. My mom plays professional soccer in Seattle too."

"Your mom is Sue Bird. As in THE Sue Bird?" I asked excitedly. She rolled her eyes. "Yes, idiot. My last name is literally Rapinoe. Like Megan Rapinoe?"

"Oh wow, that's crazy. Can I meet them?"

"Of course, Paige. As soon as we get your knee nice and stable." I looked at her. "Thank you, again Kae."

She gave me a pointed look. "Kae, huh?"

"I'm so sorry, it just slipped out. Kaelynn." She put her hand on top of mine. "Don't be sorry, I like it. But, I get to call you Pai."

"Deal, Kae."