|| Gotta Be Kidding ||

Hi again! I'm updating the first couple chapters (5 I think) in the next few minutes. Hope you guys like this chapter!

08.10.2016: THIS STORY HAS BEEN REWRITTEN TITLED "Toxicant". WHILE YOU ARE WELCOME TO READ THIS, PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR SOME CLICHE "WTF?" MOMENTS. I WAS THIRTEEN WHEN I WROTE THIS AND HAVE IMPROVED SIGNIFICANTLY.

|| Chapter Two ||

|| Kathena pov... ||

"Jesse! I'm home!" I call closing the door behind me. Our house is small but it does fit us. Besides, it's only one girl and one spider.

"Hello Mistress Kathena." Jesse greets from the top corner of the kitchen wall. "Catch anything?" I ask, opening my fridge. Jesse sighs. "Unfortunatly not." I drink milk from the carton as an idea pops into my head. "Why not come with me while I train?"

-

Before I can launch a kick at my clone, I sneeze. "Bless you." Jesse tells me while eating an insect he caught. "Thanks." The battle resumes.

My clones launch at me all at once. This was a series of training I do every once in a while to see if my body is healthy. So far, so good.

I also do this test to see if I have enought access and body poison. If not, then I have to travel three days away to a man who can give me some protein to refuel my poison and create more.

"Keep your head in the game Mistress!" Jesse roots and I nod once. Spinning on my left leg, I swing my foot at one of the clones. She hit into a tree before disappearing.

Two more were advancing to me as I block a hit from another that I was fighting. Things are heating up, so I focus my poison to my finger tips. With one slash across the stomach, my clone cries in pain, dying on the floor.

With a battle cry, the other two clones that launch at me, aim at my face with chakra filled fists. I quickly jump back to dodge a throw that could've probably put a dent in my head.

I put chakra into my fist and right hook my clone who doubled over. I take the chance to knee her in the forehead. She falls to the floor, rolling in pain.

"That was just mean." She groans. "Sorry." I lean down to give her a hand. "Mistress! Pay attention!" Jesse yells and before I could react, a pain shot from my head, down.

My clone distracted me.

I slide across the training grounds and hit a wooden post. "Mistress!" Jesse rushes over to me. "Are you okay?" He asks wrapping my whole head in silk. "Wesse. I camp breaf." I tell him hiting my head on the wooden post over and over again. "Sorry." He apologizes and rips it all of, starting to do the wrap over again this time, only wrapping it around the top of my head so I could see.

I shakily stand up, Jesse on my shoulder. "Your senses are dulling Mistress. Have you been getting any sleep?" Jesses asks me as we exited the training ground. "Not really Jess. I've been having a lot of nightmares recently." I explain. Jesse is silent as I walk into a local food store.

"Jesse?" I ask looking at him. "Huh? Oh sorry Mistress. I zoned out." Jesse apologizes.

I pick up a basket and took out a shopping list from my pocket. "First off, eggs." Walking over to the egg isle, I look over the varity of eggs. "I don't get it. Whats the difference between a brown egg, a spotted brown egg and a white egg?" I ask Jesse. "I'm not sure. But I do know that chickens taste amazing." I shiver at the thought.

Jesse's way of eating is that its very weird on how his poison works. He captures his prey in his web and injects his poison into it before he spins silk around it. His venom slowly decays his prey inside out. The sight is pretty gross.

"Your thinking about my venom aren't you?" Jesse asks with amusment. "Its just so creepy." I say with a shudder as we head over to bread.

Then Jesse decided to get random on me.

"Is bread made from an animal?" Jesse asks. "Nope. It's made from wheat." I answer. "Good." I grab a loaf of white bread and put it in my basket. "Why?" I feel Jesse crawl on my head. "Because I hate bread."

Half way down the list now, I look for my next thing which is tea bags. "How can you hate bread? Bread is amazing." I state. "Bread is gross because it doesn't have protein in it for spiders to survive." I roll my eyes. "Spiders aren't supposed to eat bread."

And for the rest of the shopping, I argued with an Arachnida about bread.

|*|*|*|*|

Edit - Oct. 24.2013 - I erased a part of the chapter because I didn't like it.

Heeeeello there! Did you guys like the chapter? Comment if you did, vote if you still did and even if you didn't like it, still vote! (^_^)

I'll see you later!