|| A Blue Man and a...Murderer? ||

ANOTHER CHAPTER THIS WEEK! WAH!

Yes, another chapter this week because next week is finals, and I might not update. But I will try! The next few chapters will be fillers, and around the thirty-fifth chapter, things will start falling into place. The last chapter will be Chapter Thirty-Nine, and then an Epilogue will end this book. BUT, we shall not dwell on that now!

The external link is kinda cute and kinda funny.

I really like that picture. --->

Read on~

08.10.2016: THIS STORY HAS BEEN REWRITTEN TITLED "Toxicant". WHILE YOU ARE WELCOME TO READ THIS, PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR SOME CLICHE "WTF?" MOMENTS. I WAS THIRTEEN WHEN I WROTE THIS AND HAVE IMPROVED SIGNIFICANTLY.

|| Chapter Thirty-Two ||

|| Kathena's pov... ||

Days had passed since the death of Godfather. The elders of the village are searching for a new Hokage, but I believe Hiruzen Saratobi will always be the best Hokage to ever live.

Since we don't have a Hokage, the Genin and Chūnin aren't allowed to do any missions, so we're stuck inside the village.

We've also been on high alert, because anyone could attack us at any moment. Does the outside world even know we don't have a Hokage?

Maybe it's because we don't have a current Hokage that the team has been acting strangely. They've been quiet a lot, and whenever Naruto opens his mouth, Sasuke glares at him, and Sakura asks Kakashi Sensei a random question.

The confusing part is, I know she knows the answer to the questions!

Did I do something wrong? Was it my meltdown that set them off track? I know I don't cry often, but Naruto told me to let it out, and I did.

We're just doing a simple mission, cut logs in half, but I can tell my teammates are acting strangely. Sasuke is way too focused on cutting the log, and Naruto isn't even trying to beat Sasuke for once.

What is going on?

Fuhen chuckles in my head. 'You're overthinking things. Maybe living in a village without a head is worrisome.' I sigh, and let myself fall into the depths of my mind.

Fuhen stares down at me, amusement in his red eyes. I sat down, and rest my head in my hands. "It doesn't make sense." I shake my head. "They aren't even themselves anymore!" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air.

"Have patience. You aren't a mind reader, nor their keeper. You're worrying about them way too much." Fuhen tells me. I sigh, knowing he is right.

"Thanks Fuhen-sama." Then I left my mind coven.

It seems like forever before we're done chopping two hundred pieces of wood in half. It was a simple favor outside the village, which confuses me. since we aren't supposed to leave? We say goodbye to the elderly couple and start on our short journey back to Konoha.

It's obvious when Kakashi Sensei is walking faster than normal, and my teammates are generally together. Naruto glances at me, followed by Sakura, then Sasuke. I sent them a confusing look, but they just smile, and turn back to walking.

'You saw that right?' Fuhen chuckles. 'Yes Kathena. I did see that. Don't let it get to you. Before long, we'll be gone.' I nod absentmindedly.

"Why are you nodding, Kathena?"

I look up at Kakashi Sensei, Konoha gates right behind him. "Uh..." I glance at my three teammates, who are huddled together, but not saying a word. Are they cold?