Chapter 7

The massage was great. Grace and Sierra went together while I went with Irelee. She loved getting pampered and polished. After that, I took her to the salon. We got manicures and pedicures together and she got her nails painted in a glittery pink. "Are you getting a haircut, Mama?"

I finger the length of my hair and it is waist length when it's let down. In a high ponytail, it reaches my mid-back. It's a lot more manageable when it's shorter but the thought of cutting it doesn't sit well with me. I shake my head to answer her question. "No, baby. I like my hair like this. Are you getting a haircut?"

She nods. My eyes widen. "You are? What kind of haircut are you getting?"

"A bob." She gestured with her hands at her neck, her cheeks pink with a blush.

"A shoulder-length bob. Well, I don't know baby, that's short and you love ponytails like your Mama. If you get a bob, you will not have a ponytail anymore."

She lets out an exasperated sigh. "It's just hair. It'll grow back, Mama. I need a new look. This one is tired."

I laugh. "At this point, I swear you're more related to Sierra than you are to me."

She continues to grin. "So can I?"

I chew my lip, considering it. She really could use a haircut. Her hair is always all over her face and in her eyes and her ponytail last only an hour. "Why not," I tell her, with a smile. "Come on."

The salon was full but after an hour we were in the chairs. The place reeks of hairspray and shampoo and the mixture of fragrances makes it hard to enjoy. Irelee gets a shoulder-length bob and I get one or two inches off my ends. It's so strange to see her with short hair but it looks good on her because she has a slim face. It really didn't look as short as it did in my mind. She could still wear a ponytail. A low one but a ponytail non the less.

She smiles at me when we're done. "I look like a princess."

I smile and kiss her forehead. "You are a princess. You're my princess, and mommy's and your mom's."
She presses her forehead against mine until our noses touch. I roar and she laughs. "You're silly."

I pick her up on my back as we leave the salon. "We're going to find your mom's so we can go to lunch. Where do you think they are?"

"The cake shops. Mom loves cake and I like cake too. I like cheesecake." She wraps her hand around my neck as we leave. "Did you know that cheesecakes are made from cream cheese and eggs and then they are put in the oven to bake?"

I nod. "They are?"

"Yes, but not all cheesecakes bake in the oven."

"Really?" I enthused. "How do you make those ones then?"

"Gelatine." She says proudly. "I like cheesecake. What's your favourite type of cake Mama?"

"Hmmm, chocolate mocha."

"Then we should get cake. I get cheesecake, you get chocolate mocha and we can get vanilla for Mom. Mommy doesn't like cake, but we can get her an ice cream cake."

"You're right Honey. We can get those later after we have dinner, okay?"

She nods and I pull out my phone to text Grace and Sierra to meet us in the restaurant. "Mama?"

"Yes?"

"Are we going to get Billie before we go back home?"

"Of course, that's why we came baby."

She grins. "I can't wait to meet him. Do you think he'll like me?"

"Hmmm. Are you a good girl? He only likes good girls."