Chapter 15 - Back To The Beginning

#Mbali's P. O. V

I was woken up by a strong vibration of my phone. I opened my left eye and searched for my phone under the pillow and I was sleeping on my stomach. The message was from my mom.

Enhle, ur painkillers are in the front zip of the bag I brought u... And don't forget to call your lil sis. I love you😘
~ My Queen👑❤️

After reading the message, I put the phone on my bedside cupboard. I decided to wake up and do some catching up on my school work. I then opened the bottom part of the fridge since it was a top-freezer fridge - a silver one for that matter. I took an apple and went to look for my painkillers in the bag, then poured warm water in a glass with the pills on my table. I ate the apple and took my pills with water. I wrote until 4am, got tired and decided to go to sleep.

I woke up at about 11am and called Buhle.

"Mbaliiiiiii...!" she screamed and I removed my phone away from my ear.
"YOU-ARE-DAMAGING-MY-EAR-DRUMS!" I shouted and she giggled.
"sorry"
"anyways...I'm from hospital"
"huh... What happened now? And why wasn't I told?" she said.
"I was in a car accident, and then coma" I continued to tell her the full story... Well, without dad's infidelities.
"wow... No wonder I'm squatting in aunt Thandeka's house for the rest of the week, oh wow" she says in a low tone.
"I'm sorry. We'll talk, dog face"
"Am I really that ugly though? Arghh bye" she laughed in between.
"bye my love"

I hung up and listened to music via headsets then Baki woke up a while later.

"yoh chomi* (*friend) , you sing so loud geez" she rubbed her eyes.
"arghh you... Stop being jealous, I'm a good singer" I laughed.
"well...in that case... your voice was supposed to make me dance in my dreams instead of waking me up, don't you think?" the sarcasm in her tone.
"you over napped even, wake up and gimme your books, I wanna copy notes" I grinned😁.
We're both doing the same course by the way. She woke up and gave me her back pack.

*DOOR KNOCKS*

We both looked at the door.
"I'll take it" she said.

She rushed to the door and opened.

#BAKI'S P. O. V

I opened the door and it was Andile.

"hey you" he said.
"hey, come in" I replied.

He came inside and sat on my bed. He then exchanged greetings with Mbali. She then stood up from her study table and went to sit in her bed, facing Andile as he was seated on my bed.

"you want juice or water?we don't have cool drink nor do we have any alcohol" I asked him with a naughty smile.
"you're so crazy" Mbali said with a chuckle.
"to even go as far as mentioning alcohol though..?" they both laughed.
"I was just telling you so that you don't ask me for some single malts and whatnot" I shrugged and they laughed even more.
"a glass of juice would be fine, thank you" he said in between laughs.

I poured him a glass of juice and gave it to him, then sat next to Mbali. We both watched him take a sip on his juice.
"tasty juice by the way. So guys... I came to apologize for not visiting y'all when you were in hospital"
"it's okay" Mbali replied with a smile.
"atleast someone from your side showed up, but only visited Mbali" I winked at Mbali and he side smiled.
"Baki what you on about?" she raised her eyebrow.
"uhm.. Duh... Pelo" I rolled my eyes.
"wow... Thaps has a lot of explaining to do" as he took out his phone and dialed his number.

#Andile's P. O. V

I expected Thapelo to visit all 3 of them, not 1. I dialed his number and he answered.

"yo... Broo" he answered.
"come over, I'm at Mbali's"
"okay... Be there in a few"
"cool" I hung up.

"girls.. I wanna make it up to y'all. What should I do? Or what do y'all want rather?" I asked them both.
"m-m-m... My, my, my. I would like to go to the cinema.. And then bowling, get a double cheese burger, oh wait! I wanna go to New York, I want a horse and a parrot too..." she said while counting with her fingers, "and go ride Storm Chaser at Gold Reef City and..."
"slow down girl..." I said to her and we all burst out into laughter.
"that's what happens when someone asks Mbali what she wants" Baki said.
"yoh... That's wayyyyyy too much" I said still shocked.
"I'm just joking guys" Mbali said with a soft giggle.

We all heard a door knock.
"it's Thaps... Come in!" I shouted and he got in.
"hey guys" he hi-fived the girls and came to sit next to me.
"I summoned you here because you decided to visit Mbali only at hospital..."I said to him in a stern voice and the girls opened their eyes wide and exchanged looks.
"I'm very sorry Baki babe... I'll get you something nice, don't worry" he said to her. And the "babe" part made my blood rush, but I kept myself cool.
"cool.. Andile, I would like to go out and it's on you" Baki says.
"Gold Reef City... Or bowling" Mbali replied.
"Cinema or Acrobranch" Baki replied afterwards.
"eh, these girls don't feel you broo" Thaps chuckled.
"mxm you. We can only go to 2 places guys, my budget is tight" I responded to the girls.
"I'll pay for the other 2" Thaps said.
"yayyyyy!" the girls screamed in excitement.
"but guys... Don't y'all think it's too much to go to GF City and Acrobranch (she looks at Baki) considering the fact that we're still breathing through the wounds and trying to recover? Let's just go to the other 2 chilled places and the rest will follow when we've healed" Mbali said.
"yeah chomi, you got a point" Baki said nodding her head.
"she got the beauty and the brains" Thaps added and I shook my head at his remark.
"skrrr skrrr" Baki shouted and we all laughed.
"you guys though... " Mbali covered her mouth.
"so when are we going?" Thaps asked.
"it's up to the girls" I shrugged as I responded.
"and Tshepo..? ain't y'all going to invite him?" he asked again.
"I'll send him a text, but I doubt he'll come" I said... Knowing very well that I wasn't going to even attempt to send him a text. I wouldn't want him to feel left out considering the fact that he has no +1.

#Thapelo's P. O. V

I really can't wait to go out with Mbali. I'm looking forward to every moment... More especially the cinema part.
"guys... Let's go to the ice cream shop, I want ice cream" Mbali said.
"yup!" I stood up immediately.
"uh... I'll be staying, plus it's my turn to cook so..." Baki said.
"I'll stay with you" Andile quickly responded.
"but guys... What's wrong? Baki you love ice cream though..." Mbali sulked.
"okay then... Get me a vanilla flavored cup and a chocolate slab of Aero - mint flavor" Baki said whilst shrugging.
"okay... Let's go, Pelo" she said as she smiled at me. My heart just melted at the sight in front of me.

We walked to the ice cream shop since it was a few blocks away from campus.

#THULI'S P. O. V

It's been a few days since I swapped Zolani's Lotion and reversed the spell, and I'm proud to say that he has been going back to his loving and caring self. I'm cooking supper and he came and put his arms around my waist and kissed me on my cheek.
"when is Buhle coming back?" he asked.
"on Friday, I think... You know she likes postponing whenever she visits at her aunt's" I replied with a laugh.
"I miss her so bad like it's been a whole decade since I last saw her" he sulked.
"2 more days to go" I said stirring my pot.
"already feels like a century" he rubbed his forehead.
"yoh babe, you're so dramatic. You would make a great actor" I giggled then turned to look at him.
"hell no. I'm going to watch the match" he left me and I laugh at him.
"I'll be with you shortly" I shouted since he literally ran to the living room.
I turned to my pot and added a few spices to my beef stew and stirred it, closed the pot and went to the living room. I found him watching Buhle's favorite comedy series 'Fresh Off The Boat', I then paused it and he looked at me with the 'what's-wrong' face.
"I want to tell you something" I said to him in a firm way.
"yeah..?" he sat up straight and looks at me with a face full of concern.
"wait... I'll be back"