Found: Alma

Crashes and voices woke me up from my light sleep. The room was very dark, so I could barely see anything. I stirred as much as I could, squinting and shifting so I could see better. Soon I could barely move anymore, so I had to settle. But I was able to make out the shape of a young man.

Jacob?

I was sure it was him now. I heard a dog barking and saw Jacob lift a vial of glittering liquid to his lips.

"Jacob." I whispered. I recognized the vial, the liquid inside. He must not drink it. Even if it was a hollow he had been fighting.

"Don't," I said, testing my voice. "Don't do that."

"Miss Peregrine!" He shouted and ran to me, the vial corked again in seconds. "Tell me you're okay."

I lifted my head slightly. "Put that down. You don't need it." He didn't need it. If he drank it he would be as good as dead.

"Yes, I do. I'm not like he was." He was shaking his head, in denial. I had almost forgotten how stubborn teenagers were. Of course he was like Abe! Making the journey here was proof of that.

"Yes, you are. Everything you need is inside you already. Put it down and take that instead." I nodded my head toward a jagged piece of wood.

But he was still in denial. "I can't. It's not enough."

"It is," I insisted. "Just aim for the eyes."

He set the vial down "I can't." He picked up the jagged piece of wood. I was satisfied and a bit humored to see he still listened to me, even if he had to argue.

"Good lad." I whispered, smiling weakly. "Now go and do something gruesome with it."

"I will." He replied and I let my head fall down again. I watched him as he disappeared into the junk.

Please let it be enough.