[𝟑.] 𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭

_______ 🐯 _______

_______ 🐯 _______

MK groaned in boredom as he struggled to support Zhangzhao's prosthetic arm. Meanwhile, Zhangzhao nonchalantly picked up a wrench and tightened a few bolts, his expression steady yet indifferent, while the teenager sighed.

"You know, this isn't what I meant when I want to be taught by you..."

"I've already told you, I'm incapable of teaching anyone."

"And is that why you're using me as an unpaid child laborer?"
MK asked, raising a quizzical eyebrow.
The teen felt far from pleased or satisfied and could only continue working in silence, fully aware that his sole purpose was to have himself help Zhangzhao with his prosthetic arm.

"At least you put yourself to good use, kid."
Zhangzhao directed MK to loosen his prosthetic arm with a nod. As MK complied, he experienced a delightful sensation of lightness, liberated from the constraints evoked by the heaviness and thickness of the prosthetic arm.

"Son of a monkey's gun... How heavy is that thing?"
MK was met with silence as Zhangzhao remained focused on his work, abstaining from uttering a single word until he completed screwing a few components shut.

After letting out a contented sigh, he rose from his seat and promptly retrieved some cold beer. Cracking open the mini fridge and grasping a can, he swiftly downed its contents as if there were no tomorrow, leaving MK to do nothing but scratch his head, filled with curiosity and perhaps a hint of impatience regarding what might happen next.

"So, are you gonna train me now or...?"

"Kid, you couldn't even lift a pinky on my prosthetic arm, and yet you're asking me for personal training?"

"But, you promised me, yeah?"

In a sudden movement, Zhangzhao flung his canned beer into the air, catching the teen off guard, his hazel eyes tracking the can's movements. Time appeared to slow down as sharp blades neared his neck.
A single droplet of sweat trickled down as he focused on the blurry figure of Zhangzhao, whose sharp-clawed prosthetic hovered dangerously close, poised to demonstrate strength and instill a sense of awareness in MK.

"Rule number one, don't let distractions weigh your focus down.
This should be a simple lesson learned from your mentor."

He brought down his prosthetic arm, fists tightening and loosening as he folded his arms, anticipating the teen's response or any action at all. However, as MK was preoccupied with other thoughts, mouth agape in astonishment, Zhangzhao sighed and shook his head, adjusting his posture as he took a single step forward.

"Let's try again."

After uttering those words, MK hastily summoned his staff, grasping it firmly as he assumed a defensive stance. As he prepared for combat, Zhangzhao vanished in a flash, catching MK off guard and causing him to tighten his grip on the staff.
Relying on his instincts, MK swiftly evaded an incoming light that crashed down, enveloping the area in smoke.
With the surroundings obscured by the haze, a shadow approached, claws gleaming menacingly.
Reacting instinctively, MK raised his staff to block the attack, unleashing shockwaves upon impact as the smoke dissipated.

"Huh, not bad. Guess Wukong... or Macaque, really taught you well."
He muttered under his breath, but it wasn't long before he seized this opportunity as momentum, leaping away from MK. Suspended in mid-air as MK regained his composure, the latter suddenly uttered:

"But can you handle this?"

In a swift motion, he brings his boot down in an attempt to crush MK, who reacts just in time, blocking with his staff. With gritted teeth, MK exerts all his strength to push Zhangzhao away, sending them both flying. Zhangzhao's claws graze the floor as he lands.
Grumbling, he lifts his head only to be confronted by MK's golden staff, his eyes widening in shock at its speed. Recovering quickly, MK huffs proudly and confidently states,

"Hmph! Told you I can handle it."

____________________________

‼️This chapter has been rewritten for the sole purpose of renewing the plot of this story.

I would like to advise readers, -who had been reading this book for a few months-, to reread the newer version of this book.
As always, thank you for reading this book and making it this far to witness its progress.

There'll be more to come during the next updates (⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~