Book 1: Chapter 1: Welcome to Kirke Mansion

Hey hey hey! Here's a new chapter and I hope your have a great day. And enjoy!

~~~~~

3rd pov: Kirke mansion- 1939

The warm spring sun shone down from the sky. Giving warmth to those who walk under it with chaos dancing in the distance. Adeen Kirke is the oldest of the Kirke grandchildren and the only one willing to stay with their grandfather. Mr. Digory always had a great love for his oldest granddaughter. The two youngest grandchildren decided to stay with their grandmother from their mother's side during the war.

Adeen didn't precisely love helping out Mrs. Macready around the house and helping out with the tours to the curious sightseers who came to the house. But she did what she had to do to keep herself occupied. She is currently preparing to be on her way with Mrs. Macready to pick up special guests that will be staying at her grandfather's house.

Adeen's POV:

The mud was sticking to my shoes as I pulled Stella, our white horse, out of her stable to get her to the wagon, ready for us to leave soon. "Adeen, Darling" I turned to see who was calling me, seeing my grandfather calling from the window. "Yes, grandpapa," yelled, unsure why he was calling me from there.

"I advise you to be careful. Mrs. Macready is not in the greatest mood today." Telling with a big smile on his face. 'What did that man do now?'. " What did you do?" His smile grew more, and he just turned away.

Great, now I have to deal with her beautiful mood. I rolled my eyes and pulled Stella to walk, not wanting to be late to pick the guest up.

"Mrs. Macready, I brought Stella. Is the wagon ready?" I see her getting the ropes and leather ready for Stella. " Yes, now quickly because your grandfather told me the wrong time. On purpose, on top of that. And now we are running late, thanks to his little joke." I quickly took Stella, locked her in, and got on the wagon. 'So that's what he did; he looked a little too happy today.'

"Don't you worry, Kirke. I will receive my revenge tonight at supper." All I hear is that he will be eating something he hates tonight. Mushroom soup. Tonight will be fun to see.

I felt the wagon pull out of nowhere, pulling me out of my thoughts as I started to enjoy the green scenery as Stella quickly but steadily pulled us to our destination.

Time flew quickly as we stopped to see 4 people standing outside the train station waiting for someone. Two boys and two girls were curious about who it was passing by. " and whoa whoa." Quick stopping Stella as we arrived. The tallest boy had dirty blonde hair and asked shyly, "Mrs. Macready?"

Mrs. Macready looked down at the four of them and said, "I'm afraid so." Three of the four just looked at each other when i noticed the boy who looked my age just staring at me. We locked eyes for a moment, and quickly, he looked away. "Is that it then? Haven't you brought anything else?" She questioned the four, slightly disappointing and confused.

"No, ma'am. It's just us." The oldest boy answered. Mrs. Macready just raised her eyebrows and said, "Small favors." She signaled them to get on, turned to me, and said, " Go on, help them so we can leave." " Yes, ma'am."

I got up to help the four. I walked up to the back of the wagon and unlocked the back so they could get on. " Welcome, I'm Adeen. Adeen Kirke. It's a pleasure to meet you all" I put my hand out to shake their hands as i help them load the wagon. "Hello, my name is Peter. These are my younger siblings, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy." Peter introduced them as I shook their hands and said hello as they got on.

I walked over to where I was originally sitting, and Mrs. Macready directed Stella to go back home. After some time, we could see the house slowly getting bigger, and we got closer.

"Come on. Good girl. Come on. Come on." Mrs. Macready called out for Stella to go faster. I turned to the Pevensie children in the back and saw how each one reacted differently yet was similar to the other.

Time skip:

I opened the doors to let them in as Mrs. Macready was leading the way while giving her speech " The Professor is not fully unaccustomed to having children in his house, and as such, there are a few rules we need to follow. " I close the door and walk behind them as Mrs. Macready stops at the top of the staircase and turns. "There will be no shouting or running,'" turning as she continues walking up the stairs and giving directions.

"No improper use of the dumbwaiter," I noticed Susan almost touched an old statue. Before I can warn her not to. Mrs. Macready unexpectedly turns and catches her. " NO touchin' of the historical artifacts!" Susan turns flustered as her siblings start to chuckle quietly, as I try to stay silent. "Above all, there shall be no disturbing' of the professor."

She turns and continues to lead the way, and all four follow her as Lucy stays behind, staring at the door when she quickly leaves. 'Why would she leave' I walked up to where she was standing and saw my grandfather's shadow.

I walk closer to the door and knock three times. I hear a soft "come in." I open the door and step in, looking for my grandfather.

"Grandpapa. You know that little joke you did will cost you correct." I tell him as i close the door and walk to the library shelf, grabbing my favorite book, ' The adventures of Peter pan .'Then walk to my favorite spot in the room. The couch. As I sat down, I heard his response. "Well, Darling, I was quite bored and haven't seen her so frantic in quite a while, so why not have fun with her." I couldn't help but chuckle. 'This man is something else. I looked at him and said, "well, that joke of yours got us Mushroom soup for tonight."

He stops what he's doing and simply states, " Maybe that joke wasn't that funny after all," with a disgusted look. I let out a laugh at his reaction to my statement. So after he joined and we laughed for a good while.

As supper grew near, I continued to read my book. When a question popped into my head. "Grandpapa?" Without looking up, he asks, "Yes, Darling?". "Do you know how long this war will last?" Still looking at him for a response. He sighs, sets down his pen, and takes off his glasses. "Well, it's only the beginning, and the bombing in the cities is only getting worse. As you can see, all kids under 18 are forced to the left to the countryside. These are dangerous times. I just pray it won't last long as I think it will, for these kids can return to their mom."

I nodded as he finished releasing; he hadn't answered my question. " But how long?" He looks at me and says, " I believe Darling. Over a year." I turn away and stare at my book. " So you're saying I might not see my parents, brother, and sister for over a year." I softly stated, then realized, " Wait, the Pevensies'. They won't see their mother for more than a year to be safe, Grandpapa?" I look at him in shock.

"Yes, unfortunately, but don't worry. They have Mrs. Macready, you, and me. To keep the company." He gets up from his desk and walks to me. Stops and stretches out his hand for mine. I closed my book and sat it on the couch as I stood up with his help. I stood in front of him and looked up. " Look, Darling, nobody wants that, but it's the best we can do in a situation like these. Now cheer up Mrs. Macready will be calling us to eat that Mushroom soup we love so much."

On cue, we heard a knock and a voice from the other side "Professor Kirke, Miss Kirke. The food is ready. Please come down to eat." After her announcement, we heard her turn and head in a different direction. "Well, the Grandpapa. We shall get going." Before he could move, I gave him a hug. "Now darling, what this for?" As he hugs back. " Nothing at all; I just wanted a hug." I can feel him chuckling. "Alright then, let us get going." As we let go to eat.

Two things were right from that conversation. One, we had Mushroom soup as punishment for my grandfather's joke. And two the Pevensies and I stay for nearly a year in that house.

~~~~~

Comment what your favorite color is. Bye bye.

Word count: 1475