That fate

[At el Salvador international airport]
"I need ticket to Rome Italy"asked a frail voice.
"Give me a moment to check ma'am."
The stewardess said politely and look back at a screen, typing into a computer.
"Ma'am the earliest is cs airlines, but the economy is full.would you like to opt for business class in cs airlines or shall I schedule you for tomorrow?"
"Tomorrow??"
There was no way in which she could possibly bear to stay for another night. Tomorrow was not an option for her
"Can you please check for any last minute cancellation? I really need to go back."
She asked with a pair of pleading eyes and tired tone.
Seeing a plight, the stewardess asked,
"Would you like to book ticket in business class then?"
All Kathleen could do is to nod because right now that was the only choice she had. The pain she felt in her heart was hounded her. All she wanted was a quick escape.
An escape from a cruel and harsh reality of this world.
After clearing her immigration, she went to the nearest information pannel for flight information. As soon as she reach there, the huge screen flickered with an update.
Blue letters sprung out besides the flight number and destination.
Philippines airlines
Flight to Rome- Italy boarding time 10:30
Her flight was thirty minutes to time so she take an opportunity to go washroom. In her way to washroom she bumped against someone.
A head on collision.
His built was rock solid, so he didn't move an inch but she fell down because of the impact of the collision. She didn't take a chance of looking a man's face with hurry tone said.
"Sorry"
Then she walk away disappeared in the washroom.The man didn't move an inch looking a door of the washroom which was slumed hardly.
He was wearing an expensive suit and from the look to his shoes you can say he was a business man or a certain rich CEO of a big company.
As soon as she found an empty stall in the washroom, she rushed in to cry her heart out.
Seconds became minutes.
But the stream of tears didn't stop for quite some time.
Finally, after she was able to tame them, she came out and starting wiping her face in front of the mirror.At that moment only did she realize how disheveled she looked.she was in pajamas she has changed into in the night and her hair was tied in a messy bun that looked like a bird nest than anything that should be on human head.
All this cry has left her looking like a mess.but she didn't care.she took out her phone which was in silent mode till now.
60 missed-calls. 5 from her sister and the rest from Daniel, she staring at the screen and then decided to check her whatsapp messages. She had 200 unread messages, all from Daniel.she started to read one by one.
"Babe listen to me, it's not what you think."
"Can you please pick up my phone so that we can talk."
" Don't jump to conclusions ok? at least hear me out, do not overthink babe. Please pick up my call babe."
"Trust me babe,I had no idea that rosy would come to surprise me. It's was all her."
"Where are you babe, please talk to me."
"I love you and only you babe."
Kathleen kept on scrolling down reading the messages.she wanted to believe in his words and logic.it's hurt her to even wonder if all his feelings for her was fake, even though she has seen it with her own eyes, her heart refuse to believe.
She had come all way from Italy to Philippines to surprise her boyfriend little did she know that she would be the one receiving the shock of her life. Instead of surprising him, she found her life falling apart in front of her eyes.
She tried hard to recompose herself and dialed a number.
"Sis!! I am coming back and yes you were right. Daniel was a son bitch."
And the dam broke again. Tears rolled down her eyes and she let the grief consume her.