Chapter 3

Chapter 3 : Living nightmare (1)
----------------•

Something flashed in my head.

"... He devoured his mother ..... ... Such a disgrace walking freely like this while.....! .............. .....so.........!!...."

"You don't have to listen to it, Leo."

Right in front of me was a silhouette of a young child with a heartwarming smile on sun-kissed skin. For some reason I felt familiarity to them. I could feel a warm touch on my skin, ears to be specific, and that gentle touch prevented me from hearing anymore of my surroundings.

"..De..."

____________________

"Eh?! What's wrong..?" The boy in front of me looked somehow flustered.

".. ?"

I could feel something pouring down my cheeks. I lightly touched it.

One of the knights stepped forward and confronted the red fur. "Young master! I think you hurt him! He is even crying!!" The big arms wrapped me like a blanket, compared to those arms I was like some hamster.
Gently wiping my tears.

[..crying? huh wait....was that..this body's memory? ]

"I did not! It wasn't even that painful!!.. right..?" Red fur questioned his own actions. Visible concern in his expression. " Im very sorry..are you okay?" he reached his hand out just to be blocked by the knight.

"Hey-" He was about to say something when I leaned my forehead closer to him.

"Please hit me again." With those words air in the room turned strange.

"...."
"....."
"..?"

"Y-young lad.. you shouldn't say such things.. it could lead to misunderstandings." The knight said with an uneasy expression as he patted my head.

[What did I do??]

"A-ahem!" The doctor coughed awkwardly.

"Did you by any chance remembered something?" He put on his 'sweet smile' mask again.

".."
"I.. Leo.."

"Hm? Is that your name? Mhm." The aqua haired doctor nodded as he didn't thought much of it. "Leo......? ..as Leonard !!? PARDON?!" He shouted out of pure dread. "The LEONARD GRANT TRUMANE?!" His soul was visibly leaving his body.

"?"
[That's my family name..? But Leonard?...?]

"No way..!"

"He did looked like some young master but...Trumane..."

" Oh my, how could we miss the hair and eyes!! Of course it is the Trumane child!!"

" You are right, looking at it closer... you do resemble Duke Trumane.."

"Why would this child...in place like that..?"

The staff in the room started mumble between each other, even the knight that was hugging me became stiff.

Red fur squished his eyes like he was trying to see through my soul. My tired eyes only looked into his that resembled spring, the cherry blossom specificaly.

It reminded me of warmth and flowers. I loved flowers a lot and those eyes remind me of the warmth that flowers gave me.

" So you are the son of the war hero, duke Trumane? "

My heart ached, I haven't heard that nickname for a very long time.

" I..."
I felt my stomach twirl. I pressed my lips together not able to utter a single word.

[ I hate that nickname, I hate that family. I don't belong there anymore. I don't want to remember it, I don't want to hear that name again. It makes me sick just to think about it.] I gripped onto the sheets, holding in all the emotions.

"It's okay."
The red fur smiled as he gently patted my head.

"Haahhh."
" Well there is nothing we can do about it, it seems."
Said the doctor as he scratched the back of his neck looking somehow uncomfortable.

" Robert, let go of the young lad and go report the situation to the Marquess Thesart"

"Yes."
I could feel the warmth of the knight getting weaker as he left.