CHAPTER 13

Austin Acosta pov

"Where is my daughter? I want to see her" i smirked at the person in front of me.

Santiago was the most self-centered person i have ever met. I invested a million dollar into his company but he spent all that money with his flings and now the company is on the verge of bankrupt. He was even a gambler in casinos, now that he has lost he wants to use his daughter to get what he wants.

"Never. She never safe around you. Just sign the deed to me. You have lost and there is no way anyone would trust you now Santiago. And may be i should remind you that Jasmine is not your daughter" his eye's widened.

"Ever since you came into her life, she has turned rebellious. It is all your fault that all of this is happening to me. I will not let you get away with this Acosta" he said through gritted teeth. I just shook my head at him sympathetically. He was dumb.

"You can say whatever you want but you are signing this deed to me" i banged the paper on his desk.

"That is not happening until i see my daughter"

"Correction, step daughter. And that is never happening" i was about to walk out of there but what he said made me stop on my tracks.

"You are such like your grandfather. Always arrogant and thinks that you control the world. You know, that is the thing that made me kill him" finally the devil confessed.

I felt rage rising inside me and i went back to where he sat and punched him really hard.

"I was waiting for the day you would actually confess this" i punched him again and again but he just laughed evilly like a mad man. His face was now covered in blood.

"You can beat me up all day but that wont bring him back" he continued to provoke me. I just needed answers as to why he killed him.

"Why did you kill him?" I yelled at him.

"He was just a replica of you. Wanting to bring me down, hahhaa little did he know that i am smarter than him? Oh i can't believe you had to make Jasmine fall in love with you just to get revenge on your grandpa" that made me want to punch him more but i controlled myself because i knew i could kill him.

"How dare you" i said.

"Jasmine should definitely find out about this." He smirked.

"I love Jasmine and that is why I married her simply because she is not your daughter. I always wondered why was she so different from you but the day i knew she was not your daughter it all made sense." he laughed again.

"Yeah right, and that is where you all go wrong. Love makes one weak and look at you. You are hopeless romantic" he laughed again evilly. He was surely provoking me. How i wished to punch him again and again.

"You will rot in jail for what you did to my grandfather. Justice must be served" i said and took out my pen. It was a special pen which could record conversations.

I had it with me every time i met Santiago, just in case if he would confess.

"Good luck with that. They will not believe you" he said.

"I am sure they will" i showed him the pain and I couldn't miss the worry that passed on his face.

"So the devil do worry after all" i teased him.

"You will not bring that to the police" he spoke with authority and i looked at him as if he has gone nuts.

"Yeah i see" i said to him. "As i speak the police are here" he suddenly stood up and looked outside the window and then turned to face me.