XII

XYLE's

Saturday passed fast and sunday came and as originally planned, today was supposedly the proposal day but turned out that it'll be our friends who'll get surprise today. Sila pala ang masusurpresa.

I woke up earlier than my usual waking up hour. Andito ulit ako kay Cy tho she insisted na kaya naman daw niya mag-isa but seeing her state, hindi ko na siya iniwan mag-isa dito sa bahay niya.

Maputi si Cy but her paleness is still evident, malapit na siyang magkulay papel dahil sa pinaghalong natural niyang kaputian at kaputlaan, she grew thinner also because of the recommended diet to her because of her condition, even her breathing—changed, we don't let her dp strenuous activities, and as much as possible we help her to maintain her healthy living para na rin handa siya sa nalalapit niyang operation.

"Goodmorning." I whispered and kissed her forehead. Tulog pa siya and I let her, hindi kasi siya masyadong nakatulog kagabi.

I stood up first and do my morning routine.

After doing my routine, bumaba naman ako to prepare her breakfast.

"Goodmorning tatay!" Czar greeted me. "Hmmm bango naman niyan tatay!" Dagdag pa niya.

Almost done with what I'm cooking. Hinarap ko naman ang anak ko. "Goodmorning, little lady." I greeted her and kissed the top of her head.

She hugged me in return.

"Hmm tatay? Is everything done para mamaya?" She asked in glee na akala mo ay siya ang ikakasal.

"Uh-huh, everything is fixed. Yung foods, idedeliver na lang mamaya and I need your help." She arched her brows as if questioning me.

"Do your thing with the set-up for later, sa garden." I said as I arrange the foods on the table.

"No problem with that!" She said and winked.

Binalikan ko naman saglit yung mga naiwan pa sa kitchen including my coffee and Cy's drink.

Naabutan ko naman na malayo ang tingin ni Czar habang wala sa sarili na nilalaro ang nuggets na nasa plato niya.

"You, okay? Lalim ng iniisip ah." I jested kaya agad din naman siyang napukaw.

She heavily sighed. Not once but twice before she utter a word.

"Tatay...Hmm do y-you think...Mama would get mad at me, kapag kapag nakita niya na nandito mamaya si Mommy?" She asked at halata ang tension sa sakaniya. She stutters and repeats words.

"Hindi naman siguro?" Nagkibit balikat ako. "...Unless she'll do something na pagmumulan ng galit ni Mama Cy mo." She heavily exhales.

"Honestly, I did not invite mommy, she's the one who initiated. Hindi naman po siguro siya gagawa ng something that will start a heated argument...and I knew Mommy so well, based on her way of talking when she asked me if she could come and talk to Mama, there is something eh parang may kakaiba...not the typical mommy na galit, she's calm and sincere that time." Czar opened up.

Czar's statement led me into something, something that just adds up to my overthinking. Tita Adelfa and Cy's settled relationship, the strange feeling I had about Cy leaving us, and now this—Cielo's sudden approach and seems like she wants to mend things between her and Cy. Is this signs or premonitions?