Battle 2 (1)

"There's nothing to do... These basic tasks... We finish them so quickly. What do we do now?" Alver says as he tosses the last piece of paper onto the stack in front of him. He was bored out of his mind when he finally had time to take a break from his overbearing workload.

Sensing Alver's boredom, Cale reached into his uniform pocket. "Lucky for you, I have these on me," and pulled out-

"Cards? Those are for kids." He glances at the deck of cards in Cale's hands for a short moment as if to discard the idea of playing children's games.

"What if--" Cale starts."--the winner gets to command the loser to do anything they want? Then, would you play?" The enchanting voice used to seduce the young man was successful in the intended purpose. Like a moth attracted to a flame, Alver gets pulled into Cale's schemes.

"Anything? Are you serious?" Alver looks dubiously at the other male.

"Of course," Cale sends an almost angelic smile towards Alver in return. Almost, if you ignore the imaginary devil ears and tail on his body.

Anything I want, huh?

Alver imagines Cale in a two-piece swimsuit wearing cat ears and tail while blushing in embarrassment. He could almost see the blush covering the alluring redhead's shoulders as Cale looks at Alver.

But Cale in a maid dress, calling him 'Master' in a sweet voice while shyly lifting up his skirt to reveal—

As if sensing his indecent thoughts, Cale cuts into his daydreaming. "Except that unreasonable or morally questionable demands are off the table. Only gentlemanly requests, please." Alver internally cursed.

Damnit!

"All right, let's play! What game will we be playing?" He settled onto the couch.

"How about a simple game of 'Old Maid'?"

'Old Maid' sudden death!

As Alver was handed the joker card, he immediately examined the object closely. "I have to ask, are these cards legit?"

"Of course! This is a perfectly normal deck of cards I bought from the store. Cheating in games is deplorable!" Cale continues to shuffle the deck, unperturbed, even with Alver doubting the reliability of his words.

However knowing Cale, Alver was filled with doubt. He knew that Cale was someone who wouldn't cheat at a simple card game but he was someone who would not suddenly suggest they play cards, which itself is already questionable.

'Old Maid'— taking turns, pulling one card from the opponent's hand and discarding any pairs you complete. The first to get rid of all their cards will be declared as the winner. It's a simple game.

Hence, you have to keep an eye out for any hidden marks.

Scratches, scents, stains...

It's even possible for the backs of the cards to be slightly different. But Cale wouldn't cheat. He promised. So there's no way he would. That's just how Cale is, right? But he initiated the game— so he must have a plan to win.

Let's see what you've got in your hand. It must be good if you think you can beat me!

Each player begins by discarding any pairs already in their hand.

Cale has nine left.

Alver has eight left.

Ideally, 'Old Maid' is played with three or more people

"I'll draw first since I have the Joker and one extra card."

With only two players, every draw results in either a pair or the Joker. There are only two possibilities.