0.5: Cross World... Not Alternate

It was late at night. Everyone else in Hades House were sound asleep. Soobin however was woken up. His intense feelings for the Lake Of Mist were now completely at the strongest they've ever been. 

Soobin made his way to the Lake Of Mist. He was completely entranced, but maintained his stealth. His movements were quiet enough he didn't wake anyone. Once at the lake he heard a far off voice. One he had absolutely never heard before. "수빈 씨, 준비됐나요? 이 변환은 되돌릴 수 없습니다." (Are you ready, Soobin ? This transformation is irreversible.)

The moonlight cascaded through the trees & reflected onto the lake. Soobin responded to the voice, "Yes. I am ready." Soobin slowly descended into the lake. It welcomed him. The lake let him slowly enter. Pretty soon all but his head was under the mist. 

The voice sounded again. Like it was in his head. "Do you trust this ? If you trust this process, fully descend." Soobin looked over at the institute. He thought over what he had said to both Beomgyu & Yeonjun. Also reminisced over what Taehyun had said to him. Was he truly ready ?

"Um...", he hesitated. Who wouldn't hesitate ? The voice which could only be assumed to be the lake itself, spoke to him once more. "어서요. 변신을 완료하세요." (Do it. Complete the transformation.) Soobin held his breathe as he put his head under the mist. 

The transformation was hectic & painless. The mist healed Soobin of whatever his father had done from their first duel. Basically making his body stronger to deal with dueling. It also bestowed upon him a gift. A gift that would also be with him...

After letting the lake guide his body, Soobin was shown a passageway. The door was a portal. It came in the form of a woodsy & floral arch. Once he crossed, Soobin would experience something no one else would've ever seen. "So, I just walk right through ?" He asked no one in particular.

With no response, he crossed the threshold of the arch. Upon crossing he was greeted by a girl who looked no older than he was. She was far older than she looked though. She had completely white irises and a warm smile. "Come, Soobin. Let me show you around." 

Soobin followed this mysterious woman as she answered his questions. "여기는 어떤 곳인가요? 당신은 누구시죠?" (What is this place ? Who are you ?) The girl gestured to everything in front of them as they walked. "I am Ryu Hwan. And this place is Araz. The complete opposite of your world." Araz was beautiful. A blue hue covered the world and a warm breeze flowed constantly. It seemed most people resembled Hwan. "How is this place connected to the Lake Of Mist ?"

Hwan grinned. She was always excited to explain the inner workings of her home, Araz. "The Lake Of Mist is just a passage to get here for a select few. It rarely forms a bond with those from your world. It has a mind of its own as a magical feature. You're lucky if it saves you from death or bonds." Araz was similar to the world of Monzara, but it had its differences. 

The people from Araz seemed much more calmer & sure of their abilities. It honestly was intriguing to Soobin. "Why does this place seem so unreal ? Like everyone here is left in a state of euphoria..." Hwan sighed as she knew this question would be asked. "이것은 교차된 세상입니다. 우리 중 아무도 여기 없어요. 우리 영혼이 여기 있어요." (This is a cross world. None of us are really here. Our souls are here.) 

Cross worlds as worlds split off from a main one, but not alternate. A place where a soul can fully form while a body remains in the main world in whatever state. "Oh, so that is why your eyes are white. Your soul is what I am interacting with." Hwan nodded. So how was Soobin' entire body in Araz if it is a place for souls ? 

Hwan walked him to what looked like a temple of some sort. Like a place that worshipped something. "This is home to everyone in Araz. This is the Temple Of Aria." Aria ? Now why did this sound so familiar ? "Who is Aria ? Why is Aria so important ?"

Hwan directed Soobin to the fountain in the center of the temple. "Water the plants with the sacred water first. Then I'll explain Aria to you..."

So Soobin did just that. He gently took the sacred water from the temple to water the plants around it.