#2

MEND MY SOUL
# 02
NOKUZOLA
I don't know what hurts more, given a cold shoulder by my daughter? Or discovering that my "boyfriend" and my best friend are shagging each other?
Nomtha:We are really sorry Noks, you were gone for too long.

This hurts, because deep down I knew that Lungelo will move on at some point. 15 years is a really long time. I just didn't think he would move on with my best friend.
Nokuzola:What about the pact we made? We promised each other that till death parts all of us together. We said we would never allow anything to break us apart.
Nomtha:We were young when we made that pact. It was just a meaningless pact futhi. I know that this is hard for you but please understand where we are coming from.

I nodded, unable to talk anymore. One thing I won't do, is to cry in front of them. I refuse to give them that kind of satisfaction. Prison taught me how to mask my emotions.

Nomtha:Let me show you your room.
She stood up and I followed after her. She led me to a room which had already been made.
Nomtha:I woke up this morning and prepared it for you.
Nokuzola:Thank you.
Nomtha:There is a bathroom by that side. If you need anything else please let me know.
Nokuzola:I think I will be fine.
Nomtha:Okay let me give you space.

She left and I sat down rubbing my eyes. This is definitely not how I had imagined my first day back would be like.
The only thing hurting me more is my daughter. I care less about Nomtha and Lungelo, it hurts yes but I need to talk to my daughter. I have missed out on so much on her life, I don't know her at all.
I stand up heading out looking for Nomtha, I need her to tell me about Kukhanya.
I look for her at the lounge and she wasn't there anymore. I walked around the house room to room looking for them.
I heard voices coming from one room and I guess it was them. I stood to eavesdrop, don't judge me.
Lungelo:You should have told me that you are bringing her here.
Nomtha:She didn't have any place to go.
Lungelo:Her father is alive and kicking. It's not enough that we had to take care of her daughter and now she is here too!
Nomtha:What do you want me to do then Lungelo? Chase them out?
Lungelo :I didn't say that. But you should keep an eye on her.
Nomtha:I will, she looks different now. She is like a certified thug.
Lungelo :That scar on her cheek, uyabona nje ukuthi unongoloza wakudala.
Nomtha:*Laughing* Don't say that.
Lungelo :I'm serious. My children must be traumatized by seeing her. I wonder what happened to her.
I walked away before I could hear more what they were saying.
It's true I do look different, they are even calling me a "thug"!

I should have stayed in prison, no one is happy to see me. They all act like I wanted to go to jail for a crime I committed when I was 14. I didn't have a choice, they know my childhood wasn't sparkly. They know what I went through. How could they pretend like it was by choice to go to jail!?
.
.
.
SIYAMTHANDA
Sikho went back to his parents. He invited me to come over but I politely declined. I don't want to see his parents, the wounds are still fresh and I fear if I see them, I won't be able to control my anger.

"The lady is here Sir", my assistant informs me.
I tell him to let her come in.
Shortly she enters my office and shakes my hand. I don't know whether she is seducing me or what, because her boobs are clearly visible and she keeps on licking her lips.
I tell her to sit down.
Sandra:Mr Nyathi, I'm here on behalf of my father.
Siya:Well I was expecting him, but it's fine if he sent you. So your father talked about opening a new events company and he needed sponsorship.
Sandra :Yes, he wants that.
Siya:So amuse me.
Sandra:What do you mean?
Siya:You have a presentation right?
She looked around confused. What did she think she was here for? I thought when people are looking for sponsors they have presentations ready to deliver.
Sandra:*clearing her throat*My father must have omitted that information.
Siya:Really?
She is lying, and I hate liars.
Sandra :Let's forget about business and talk about real business.