Chapter 1: Silent Suffering (pt.1)

A charming appearance, coupled with an enchanting voice that could lure anyone to this honey trap, the little boy named Cale Henituse was born.

The people who looked at him could feel their hearts racing, telling them to stop and appreciate this beauty despite the huge hit that their self-esteem keep receiving with every second.

Count Deruth Henituse and Countess Jour Thames, his parents, loved their child from the bottom of their hearts. Their affection for him wasn't from his appearance or from his talent, but from the mere fact that he was their child.

While watching him grow up, however, it was a different ride and different experience.

Their child was very kind and gentle, too lenient even with their servants that they were almost worried he was naive.

The key word is, almost.

As with the passing days, Cale showed several signs of being an extraordinary genius. Not just in study, but in his general life as well.

Cale Henituse, who was supposed to live like a fragile glass rose within his parents loving embrace, proved to everyone that he wasn't as fragile as they had thought.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Now 5 years old, Cale Henituse would be seen enjoying his usual evening with his dear Mother, Countess Jour Thames.

In the peaceful and beautiful garden you won't be able to hear anything aside from nature's sound along with a very soft voice of the charming red haired woman who's reading a book for her dear child.

Suddenly, the serene atmosphere was broken with a pained groan from the little redhead who clutched his heart, feeling as if someone was trying to rip his heart off his chest.

"Ugh.... M-mother.."

Weakly calling for his mother with tearful eyes, Cale stared desperately at his mother, asking her to help him in any way.

Jour, who felt something she didn't expect from her little son, froze in place before pulling herself to reality after hearing his call for her.

"Someone! Immediately call a doctor!"

The servants around immediately woke up from their shock and did as they were ordered, however, they all had the same lingering question..

Why a doctor and not a priest?

Having worked here for quite a while, they know exactly how much the Henituse's family took care of the young Cale Henituse. Given all the love, it was just an obvious thing they would call for a priest who can help more than a mere doctor.

However, they were asked to call a doctor. Not a priest.

They didn't know, as they fought with many of their unbelievable theories, Jour was feeling more and more of dread while watching the divine power in her son's body getting stronger.

She couldn't help but tremble. This immense power would be even able to shake her, an adult and a Thames, so there was no need to think about the effects on a young child's body.

Calling a priest in this situation? Not to mention her own disgust with Gods as a Thames, with the amount of divine power in her son's body she feared that he would be taken to the church and no one would know the inhuman things he's going to suffer there.

"Cale, my dear son, it'll be alright. You can rest, close your eyes and mother will take care of it."

Cale, who didn't have the strength to even lift a finger could only nod weakly while closing his eyes.