Chapter 1

"LIAM COME DOWN HERE!" I hear my mom oyell at the top of her lungs. I set my guitar down on my bed.

"What's up?" I ask as I'm halfway down the stairs.

"I've been calling for 5 minutes. Dinner time."

"Sorry I didn't hear you."

"Let me guess, messing with that damn guitar again."

"I wish you would stop treating it like it's just something I mess with sometimes. It's my future."

She rolls her eyes. My mom is amazing on some parts, but when it comes to my music she's totally careless and treats it likes it's a joke.

I walk into the kitchen to see Cameron. Again? He's here again? I take my seat across the table from Cameron and Noah, next to my mom. He's here so much he has a spot at our table. She serves everybody the lasagna and passes around forks.

"So Liam, you wanna come to Jack's 17th birthday party?" Cameron questions. Jack is one of Cameron and Noah's friends. Don't really know Jack, don't really like him.

"Cameron I told you not to invite him, damn."

"Sorry, some of us want to be kind. Anyways, you wanna come?" He turns to me again.

"Nah, no thanks." I answer, then tilt my head down again.

Cameron is okay-ably nice, it's just that he's best friends with my asshole of a brother.

"You sure?"

I nod my head.

I finish eating, then ask my mom if I can be excused.

"You can wait till everyone else is done sweetie."

"This is great as always Ms. Rogers." Cameron sincerely compliments her.

"Well thank you honey."

I trace my finger around a dent in the brown wood table. I'm tempted to pull my phone out because I'm so bored, but my mom wouldn't have it.

"Would anybody like to load the dishwasher for me?" She asks the table.

"I will." Cameron offers.

"Okay, Liam would you help him please?"

Now, I have no problem loading the dishwasher. What I do have a problem with is my mom never asking my brother to do anything because he always gives her a fucking attitude. It leaves me to do everything. He's so goddamn lazy. Me and Cameron collect the plates and bring them to the sink. We develop a rhythm where I rinse off the dishes and hand them to him, then he places them in the dishwasher.

"You should really come to the party, it'll be fun."

"Not really interested in spending any extra time with my brother." I tell him bitterly. He nods his head. Once it's done I rush back up to my room. I pick my guitar up and continue playing some sad song that I don't remember the name of. Halfway through the song, my door opens and Cameron is standing at the door, listening to me play.

"Your talent never fails to amaze me." He whispers with a smile. I catch myself smiling just a little bit too, and quickly wipe it off my face. He comes in and sits on my desk chair, moving it pretty close to me bed. "You'll have to teach me one day."

"Yeah, maybe. Where's my brother?" I ask, because my brother would never let him come in here and socialize with me.

"Ran to the gas station."

"Oh."

"Yep." He listens to me as I finish the song, then the front door opens and he hops off the chair and goes back into Noah's room. I shake my head.

——————————

AN: my brothers best friend is one of my favorite tropes, but i struggle to find any that i like, so i thought i might as well make one myself. (ik nothing about the guitar or anything relating to the making of music, so just remember that). i plan on updating soon, hope you enjoyed. Leave your thoughts on the chapter ———>
O
- olivia <3