028

"Welcome, Skaikru," Lexa greeted. "Join us." The entire army assembled in formation outside the imposing entrance to Mount Weather, where we meticulously finalized our assault strategy.

The Skaikru guards entered the tent, and Sergeant Miller approached Clarke, carrying a container in his hand. "Package from Raven. Hydrazine. She said it would do the job," he said. "And, uh... your mother wanted to be here, too."

"I know," Clarke said. "But the wounded in Tondc need her more."

We gathered around the table. "Field commanders, today's the day we get our people back. The enemy thinks it's safe behind its doors, but it's not. When it realizes that, it will fight back. Hard," Lexa said. "We need to be ready."

Lexa looked at Clarke. "This is a rescue mission," Clarke stated. "We are not here to wipe them out. There are people inside that mountain that have helped us. Children who have nothing to do with this war. We kill their soldiers. Their leadership if we have to. But we are there to rescue our people. Is that clear?" People around the table nodded. "Then let's begin."

Clarke then passed it on to me. I stepped forward and said, "There are four teams. Two of them at the dam and in the mine..." I pointed to them on the model laid out on the table, "...are moving into position already." The third, inside the mountain... is freeing the Grounder prisoners as we speak. It is our job as the fourth team to keep the eyes of the enemy off of them for as long as possible. To do that, we have to be in position here at the main door with our entire army." I pointed to the main door.

"The Mountain Men believe the door can't be opened from the outside, so they leave it unguarded," I continued. "Only it can be. And thanks to our source on the inside, now we know how."

"According to Maya, the electromagnetic locking system has one flaw," Clarke said. "When the power goes out, it disengages. And that's where Raven's team comes in." Clarke pointed at the dam. "The mountain's electricity is generated at Philpott Dam. By now, they've taken the turbine room. It's their job to blow the power. Once they do, we blow the lock."

Clarke stepped away from the table. "There is a catch. A backup generator inside the mountain. If the lock is still functioning when the backup power kicks in... we'll never get that door open. We'll never get our people back."

"How much time do we have until the backup power kicks in?" Seargent Miller asked.

"One minute," Clarke answered. "That's the window."

"Small window. Why don't we just take out the backup generator, too? Bellamy's inside. Have him do it."

I shook my head and said, "Leaving them without power that long would kill them all. And as Clarke said, that's not the mission. Besides, we lost contact with Bellamy."

"What?" Monroe said. "We did? When?"

"After he took out the acid fog," Clarke told her.

"Bellamy's a warrior. He'll be fine," Lexa promised us. She then nodded to Clarke to continue speaking.

"As the commander said, once the door is open, the shooting will start. And they'll throw everything they have at us. But that's what we want. We want them looking at us... because while we're fighting at the front door... Indra's team will be escorting the prisoners out the back, right through the Reaper tunnels. Once all our people are free, they'll sound the retreat. We'll be back home before Mount Weather even knows they're gone. And that's it. That's the plan."

All eyes turned to Lexa, the anticipation evident as we awaited her orders. "The mountain has cast a shadow over these woods for too long. They've hunted us, controlled us..." Lexa looked at Lincoln, "...turned us into monsters. That ends today. Thanks to our alliance with the Sky People, the mountain will fall. As Clarke said, we spare the innocent. As for the guilty... Jus drein jus daun(Blood must have blood)."