Chapter 15

< One Month Later >

Amity B.: You really want me to go?

Luz nodded. Glancing at Azura as she replied.

Luz N.: I mean, if she's going to meet Azura, she'll want to meet you, too. As if she doesn't, already.

Amity blushed lightly, nodding a bit and following Luz through the—rather unstable-looking—portal.

Would she be okay with Luz staying in the Boiling Isles?

Would Mrs. Noceda even like her?

She shook her head as she walked down the sidewalk with Luz. Neither let go of their hands, and tried to ignore the look that was directed at them every once and a while.

Maybe it was because of Amity's ears.

Maybe it was because of their clothes.

Maybe it was because of how different Luz looked—likely a lot different from Vee's imitation.

Maybe it was because their age was clear, as well as the baby Amity was holding.

They found themselves in front of the house rather quickly.

Then again, Luz's home had to be close enough to realistically keep chasing after a bird and reach the portal for the first time.

Amity couldn't help glancing around curiously—though she tried to make it look like she was simply new to the area, not the dimension. There were still people walking around who could have been suspicious, Luz had said it was a weekend, after all.

Luz had talked to Camila excitedly, telling her that they could visit in person. So Camila knew that they were coming.

Due to this, Luz had barely even touched the door when knocking before it practically swung open.

Camila immediately picked Luz up and squeezed her tight in a hug.

Camila N.: Mija! You're finally here!

Luz beamed, hugging back and nearly crying.

Thank goodness Amity was the one holding Azura, who was quietly giggling.

When Camila put her down, placing her hands on her cheeks and looking at her with tears in her eyes.

Camila N.: Ay, cariño, you're all grown up!

Luz could only nod, letting the tears spill out as she hugged her again.

Luz N.: I missed you so much, Mamá!

Camila gladly accepted the second hug, pressing a kiss to her daughter's head.

Camila N.: I missed you, too, Mi preciosa bebe.

It was only in the moments after that Amity was noticed.

Camila sent a warm smile her way immediately, putting Amity at ease.

Camila N.: Oh, you're Amity, I assume?

She glanced down, smiled faltering for just a moment.

Camila N.: And...?

Amity B.: Um, Azura.

Camila swallowed, tears forming in her eyes anyway as she reached out, gently hugging Amity.

Camila N.: She's—She's beautiful, both of you...

Neither of them hid their relief. Camila gladly accepting Amity's offer and holding the witchling closely and warmly.

After a moment, she handed Azura back to Amity.

Camila N.: Here, I got some drinks ready because I figured this would be a while.