Chapter 12: Lost Boy (2)

Gabriel arrived at the manor after an unspecified amount of minutes. He had a lot to think of as he strode through the forest, an ominous feeling never removed its grasp on his heart. He was regretting his current life's decisions because he intended to avoid any member of the heroine's harem, but at the moment, he established a connection with one and an encounter with another. To make it worse, he cooks and get along pretty well with them. What happened to his plans?

Now caught by their sticky cobwebs, it appears that he won't be making it out alive after his involvement with them. And to think about his unanticipated encounter with the main lead of the novel, it seems like it flowed towards the unwanted direction. Meeting two of the five capture targets is already a mess, what more could happen if the remaining three comes out of nowhere and shroud him with worrisome troubles?

Releasing an exhausted breath, the white-head set his feet inside the luxurious territory when the door opened up for him. He was greeted by a pair of female servants who bowed their heads upon his presence; their faces no longer have disdain nor disgust on them, it was replaced with respectful and stoic expressions. Perhaps they must have received lectures from a certain butler.

Gabriel nodded, his pink-hued eyes wandered the familiar environment as he trudged deeper the place. As he took leisure steps on the elegant carpeted wooden floor, he can now scrupulously examine the place's interior and its noticeable details down to the tiniest one. The household is indeed wealthy, only the likes of them could afford such deluxe structure as this mansion. No wonder they held eminent power in the land of Moonlight Kingdom; other than being filthy rich, the members
residing under the roof are also insanely powerful with prominent names. Obviously, he's excluded.

Gawking at the objects his eyes laid on, he didn't notice the presence behind him. With an unknown finger poking his shoulder, the boy turned around to greet his personal butler with a sheepish grin. "Oh, hello there, Jared. Did you cover me up real nice?"

Jared's striking face crumpled like a paper as he towered against the smaller person, "You troublesome menace, where have you been? You're thirty minutes behind the scheduled time of the younger master's usual lunch. He's been waiting in your kitchen."

Gabriel suddenly felt the pang of guilt and irresponsibility. He wasted the majority of his time outside and almost slipped Chester off from his mind. "Is he still there?"

"Yes, you should go there right now." Jared released a breath, a hand on his forehead as he lowly chuckled. "Silly, make haste, Gabriel."

With boosted spirit and determination to make it up to his younger brother, the white-haired child dashed towards his desired location. His run didn't consume much of his time and with a blink of an eye, he's heavily panting with his bended knees supporting his hands inside his spacious kitchen.

He breathed in and out, his heart beating abruptly from the vigorous sprint around the enormous mansion. He mentally prepared himself from a possible punishment given by the other person, yet it didn't come. He lifted up his head and was welcomed by Chester's usual poker face. The blonde sat on a stool, his frozen gaze brought chills down to Gabriel's spine. He really have this... superior and dominating aura that makes people submit. And the older male do hate it because it's scary.

"Where were you?" The child asked, his small hand gestured the white-head to join him in the table.

Gabriel gulped the lump in his throat, he's getting interrogated right on the spot. He obeyed his younger brother's command and thought about whether he'd lie or say the truth as he strode towards Chester.

"I was in my room, studying." He immediately lied.

"I was knocking on your door, no one opened it for me from the other side. You deliberately ignored me, then?" Chester retorted, it was clear that he caught his foolish of a brother red-handed. This person has the guts and confidence to blurt out falsehoods directly in front of him. It is rather thrilling to see him lie his way out of this situation.