Chapter 4: Household (1)

"A-are you okay?" A small voice asked behind him, it was coming from a woman.

Hisashi, who was now Gabriel, craned his neck to find the voice owner's location. He was currently digesting the event in his mind, it was a total shock. The thought of living his second life as the useless villain from the novel never crossed his mind.

Now that he thinks about it, Gabriel De Lucialeon was the bastard child of Timothy De Lucialeon with a mere servant. The servant have a stunning beauty, no wonder the male fell hard for her. They fell in love with each other, and had a child. Yet, in the end, they failed to have a happy ending. Timothy, who valued power and reputation more than anything, was forced to marry another noble woman. Despite that, he let his first child bear his surname and live in the mansion with his mother as a servant. Soon enough, Gabriel's younger brother was born.

As he grew up, his father's evil wife would always insult him for being born. She totally despised her husband's bastard child because she believed that it'll be a disgrace to their family. But everytime that happens, Gabriel's mother would be there to defend him until a fight between female mages broke out. The quarrel brought destruction to the certain area, both women have A-Rank magic powers. Timothy would stop them and fix the problem, he would scold his wife for starting the fight and just nod at Gabriel's mother. He can't do the same to her since he still have feelings held for her.

A few years after, Gabriel's mother caught an incurable disease and died. She left a six-year old Gabriel behind to suffer, he was physically abused afterwards. He grew up as a child full of hatred. Base on the novel, Gabriel ran away from the mansion and lived in the forest where he met the person who helped him attain revenge. He hated everyone who dares stepped on him just because he have a weak magic power, he accepted the person's offer to be their loyal subordinate and rule over the five kingdoms. Their attempt were unsuccessful and he was killed by his own younger brother.

It was truly tragic. If he just didn't grew up in such an abusive place, he wouldn't get any idea about revenge and will only live a normal life. The author was really fantastic for creating that masterpiece filled with emotions.

The present Gabriel was completely different from the real Gabriel in the novel. Gabriel doesn't want anything of that to happen, he came for peace. He would rather choose to be humiliated like this than to have his death flag raised by his own younger half brother. To be honest, he don't like any of this, he just wanted to go back to his previous life and continue living. But what can he do? Nothing.

Will everything be the same as the actual storyline or could he change his fate?

Nevertheless, he'll be the same Hisashi from his past life, but with a new appearance. He will do anything to avoid his death, it's better to live this life to the fullest because it's a blessing for having another chance like this. He promised to himself that he'll change his destiny no matter what.

"Gabriel, are you okay?" The same voice called out to him, cutting him off from his long train of thoughts.

The white-haired boy shook his head to erase what's on his mind and blinked a couple of times, coming back to his senses. When he was sure he's thinking straight again, he realize that he was inside a fancy laundry room. And together with him was a very thin girl full of sweat as she wash the dirty clothes. Gabriel scanned her closely, and found her pretty even if her face looked terribly tired. She have dark skin, large brown eyes, and full lips. Her black hair was tied up into a messy ponytail. By the looks of it, she's clearly a servant like him. Though, she seemed to be older.

Gabriel offered her a gentle smile, standing up from the ground as he approached her. He crouched down beside her, and began to wash the rest of the clothes. "I'm fine, don't worry."