CHAPTER 6

The crowd which once dispersed few minutes ago was now slowly building up again for the next metro to come.

But the presence of other people didn't deter the two figures clad in soft light of the setting sun to move away from each other.

Looking back into his eyes she asked about his absence.
Her tone came out as she was complaining surprising both of them.

"I was on a vacation the week before and the last few days I was under the weather. I was late today for work hence........."he trailed off.

He spoke honestly and having no intention to lie to the woman in front of him.

She nodded understandably and asked again "How did you know I was going to come here?"

"Something told me we're going to meet today. So I trusted my gut and just waited here for you to come find me." He replied.

It was like destiny had planned all this. Maybe it was meant to happen. They both stood there in the warm sunset with cool evening air around them while their faces broke into huge grins.

"What if I didn't acted on my instincts and gotten off on your stop?"

"I would've still waited the whole evening and tomorrow I would've made sure I talked to you. It's been too long enough of just stealing gazes, acknowledging each other's presence not saying a word." He replied.

"We really don't know each other......" Aanya started again.

"That's true but it feels like I've known you for a lifetime" he replied.

"I know it sounds stupid but I would love to know more about you, maybe whole of you." He Said while scratching his neck in nervousness and hoping, no praying for a positive response.

She smiled softly and asked him out on a date there and then.

Now it was he who blushed and she giggled on his reaction.

Her laughter bought a huge grin on his face while his hand reached out to tuck a piece of her hair behind her ears.
His other hand moved forward and offered to take her hand.
She gladly placed her own in and he started to led them towrds the lift.

"I dont even know your name" she said.

"Does it matter?" He asked with a playful tone and a cheeky smile.

She raised her eyebrow with hints of smile at the corner of her lips.

"I'm Arjun."

"And I'm Aanya".

Once they were out of the metro station he gestured towards a coffee house nearby.

"Shall we, Aanya?" he asked looking at her.

"We shall Arjun" She replied feeling giddy inside, how her name sounded so good from his mouth.

Loving how his name rolled off from her tongue his face broke out into a grin yet again.

The evening and the atmosphere were perfect, their smiles were genuine and never wavering off their faces.

They walked side by side to the coffee house to know more of each other.

•The End•