scene eleven - final

ᗒ❤ᗕ

Something is off.

That is the first thought that enters poor Sunghoon's mind as soon as he opens the door to ENHYPEN's dorms at half-past three in the morning. His mind had still been reeling from the conversation he had had with his young leader when he had showed up to his parents doorstep, and it was safe to say that his parents weren't exactly ecstatic at the new revelation that, not only did their son stray from the path they had built for him, he was also very much in love with a...boy. However, he was lucky enough that they didn't even comment on his spontaneous revelation at the dinner table, instead choosing to brush over the topic by giving him a pointed glare before asking his sister about her day at school. While it was disheartening, he was already used to the disappointment by now. Whatever, he could handle it.

What he couldn't handle, however, was the visibly agitated Jake sitting on a chair directly in front of the corridor, glaring up at him. Sunghoon has no idea how he had missed the out-of-place chair and person when he had turned on the lights and stumbled out of his fancy dress shoes.

"Uh, hi?" Sunghoon raised an eyebrow, not daring to move any closer to the other.

"Don't you 'uh, hi' me! Don't you dare! What the fuck, Hoon?" The older erupted standing up, his hands curling into fists as he scowled, "You've been avoiding me! And don't you dare try to tell me you weren't, I know you were, are, whatever!"

Damn, busted. And I didn't even last a whole week.

"Uh.. I can explain?" The boy stuttered

Jake raised an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed, "Damn right you can. And you better! Or else I swear to god I'll–"

"I'm in love with you."

Sunghoon froze. Jake froze. Jay slowly slid back into his room from where he had opened the door, about to go hunting for a snack.

Sunghoon watched as Jake's jaw dropped, his eyes widening as his face quickly began to redden, "Uh w-what. J-just sit down, goddamnit."

The younger quickly stumbled to the couch, thanking god that he was physically unable to blush or he'd look absolutely hideous right now, he could imagine it would be no match for the delicate sprinkle of red across the tips of Jake's ears, nose and cheeks. Damn him and his perfectness. Sunghoon has had it up to here with these rose-tinted glasses.

"Now, what did you say?"

Sunghoon snaps his head to Jake, only to find his face just an inch away from his, wide eyes staring back at his panicked ones. "Uh, what?"

"Did you mean it?" The boy continued to whisper, not moving away from the younger.

"Uh, yes?"

"You don't sound too sure."

"Jake, I'm never sure of anything."

"Oh."

Silence. More staring.

"No, okay fine, I did mean it."

"Good."

And damn did Sunghoon finally get his kiss.

ᗒ❤ᗕ