𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

"AKATSUKI IS REALLY STRONG, HUH?"

"They're so strong that anyone trying to go up against them is an idiot."

"What even was the name of the competitor... eh, doesn't even matter, I guess."

"I feel sorta bad for them..."

"Ah, transfer student, Zo-Zo!"

The two cousins turned at Subaru's voice, whom the ginger was waving at them as he ran over. "Ohayo~ How's everybody doing?"

Anzu smiled faintly. "I'm doing all right..."

Kenzo nodded likewise, beaming at Subaru. "How're you today on this fine morning?"

The second-year shrugged, his smile fading into a pout. "Same as always, I guess, but all this talk about AKATSUKI is making me feel rotten— and bad for Shinonon, too."

"It's been two weeks," Anzu gently reminded as the trio headed onto Yumenosaki's campus. "I feel bad too, but I think they've gotten better.

Two Weeks Ago

"H-huh? Everyone's leaving...?"

Kenzo had walked back into the auditorium to see AKATSUKI just wrapping up their preformance, giving a final bow to the crowd. But as the curtains closed, everybody, everybody came up from their seats and just... left.

Subaru frantically looked around the crowd, "But what about Ra*bit's preformance? Y-yeah...?"

Kenzo blinked, eyes narrowing in realization. That's why Nazuna was so keen on knowing that he was going to be there.

Cause no one else wouldn't be.

Few minutes later, the curtains drew back again, revealing Ra*bits. The background they have chosen was obviously intricately chosen, down to the smallest detail. Even the costumes Hajime had managed to scrap money for were beautiful.

Even their expressions were bright and happy as they danced. Nothing gave away their true feelings.

Kenzo was awed. Not only the abrupt aesthetic change Nazuna took, but even how the first-years fit so perfectly in the role. Their song, JoyfulxBox, almost made him want to cry. Just the soft, angelic voices that echoed through his head and the adorable yet subtle performance scattered butterflies in his stomach.

He had always avoided this type of wonderland— thinking that it was the stereotypical fiction everybody pictured when asked about it. To be honest, he never felt better being proven wrong in this way.

This was a fantasy... nobody else was witnessing.

The Ra*bits closed up their performance as best as they could, but as the curtains were closing Kenzo saw Hajime bury his head into Tomoya's shoulder before the sight was shut off completely.

After that, it was dead silence. A pin could drop on the other side of the auditorium, and Kenzo still would've heard it.

How long has it been like this? Five minutes? Ten?

"I wonder who won... huh?"