Bonus Chapter - Sonic Drone Home

Four mobains were walking along a dirt path through a forest. Well actually, two were flying and the other two were walking as one of them narrated their journey. "The town of Green Hills; a nice, quiet place," said Sonic the Hedgehog. "Too quiet," he added.

"This isn't the way to the library," mentioned the fox.

"We better not be lost Sonic," said the a/t next to Tails, frowning at him.

The echidna with them displayed the library books in his hand. "I swore an oath to return these sacred tomes or Maddie would be dishonored with late fees."

Sonic turned back to the three with a nonchalant look. "This is just a detour." He resumed narrating. "Knuckles, Y/n, and Tails didn't know something mysterious was going on at the junkyard."

"Who are you talking to?" Tails asked.

"I'm narrating! Cool heroes do it in detective movies all the time!" Sonic responded.

"It's actually pretty fun," Y/n said, smiling at their fox friend.

Knuckles gained a thoughtful expression. "I wish to narrate, too! Knuckles was very handsome and strong, much stronger than Sonic," he said, beginning to narrate like Sonic was.

"Tails was just excited to be included!" Tails added, doing the same, making Y/n chuckle.

"Tails' narration was weak and sad," Knuckles stated, still narrating.

Y/n frowned. "As a matter of fact, Y/n was very proud of their friends attempts to narrate and thought Knuckles should give him some credit for trying," the a/t said, narrating to the others and glaring at Knuckles a bit and making him back away slightly.

The four arrived at the junkyard and entered, looking around. "Brings back memories," Y/n muttered to themself.

Sonic shushed them. "Shh! We're on an investigation. Wade told me there had been some weird noises up here at night," he said.

Knuckles moved ahead while Tails hid behind Sonic and Y/n. Sonic just walked away, leaving a nervous Tails with Y/n as they comforted him.

He eventually moved on his own and anxiously looked around. The a/t did the same, just with some more confidence. It really did remind them of where they stayed before following and meeting tails.

The four took cover behind a pile of garbage when they saw something creating noise. It was covered in junk and searching for more to add to itself.

"Upgrade. Upgrade. Need to upgrade. Unit must upgrade and conquer the world," the robot, Unit, said.

Sonic recognized it immediately. "It's one of Robotnik's drones!"

"It's been upgrading itself!" Tails realized.

"Ha! No match for me!" Knuckles said, emerging from their hiding spot triumphantly.

"Knuckles! Don't. You. Dare," voiced the a/t.

"Biologicals detected," said the Unit. It fired colored lasers from a traffic light attachment and blasted Knuckles away, knocking him into some barrels.