Some Assembly Required

Kora woke up early as usual, she had her armor on and her bayard ready. She was on her way towards the control room, when she opened the door. Alarms went off, and Kora saw Coran and Allura testing them.
"Everybody up, Zarkon is attacking. The castle about destroyed." Allura said through out the comm. Coran saw Kora.
Good morning Kora, we are doing a drill. Kora nodded her head, and said. "Ok."
Coran said to Allura. "You've got to sell it out more." He clears, his throat and cried out. "Oh, no. Allura is dead. Aw, it's horrible. Her head fell off." Allura and Kora looks at each other with rasied eyebrows. This is to much.
"Wait, what. Allura severed head is trying to speck to me. What is it, Allura head. What are your final word's." Coran said. Everyone was their excepted for Lance.
"Coran." Allura said. "Oh, yes, princess Allura I'm listening." Coran said kneeling on the floor.
"Coran it's over." Kora told Coran.
The alarms stopped. But Coran kept on going on his bad acting.
"Oh, I know. If Voltron had been formed." Coran said, before saying. "Oh, time."
I guessing this isn't an actual attack." Shiro said.
"And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you. Coran." Allura said, asking Coran the time.
"75 degrees." Coran said, Allura make a face. Kora sighs, and said. "Coran that's the meat thermometer." Coran said. "Oh,sorry."
"However long it was, it was to long. Kora arrived on time, with her armor on, and bayard. Shiro has his armor on.
Keith, Pidge and Hunk, were are your bayard's." Allura told them.
"Where's Lance." Kora said wondering.
Then Lance came arrived, in his pajamas with a drink in his hands. He yawned like he got a good night sleep.
"Goodmorning, everybody. What's going on." Lance said.
"Coran and I have been up for hours getting the castle back in order. We have to run a test on the alarms and decide to test you as well. Guess us who failed." Allura told them.
"Hey." Hunk said yawning. You got 10,000 years of sleep, man. Monday, night, I was in earth. Now I've flown through space, fought evil aliens, ate food goo. That's alot to process." Hunk said.
"You must understand the stakes of this mission. Over the last 10,000 years, the castle caught alot the distress beacons." Allura said, as she shows, a hologram planet's that turned red, of Galra control.
And saying Zarkon will invade earth.
"Oh, no." Hunk mutters out. Kora was starts to worry, about her home.
"Exactly." Allura said, before saying.
"Our mission is to free all those planets. Coran and I are getting the castle ready to leave Arus. Durning that time, you have to learn to form Voltron, so we can begin fighting Zarkon." Kora agreed  to that along with Shrio. "The princess is right. Let's get to our lions and start training." He said, but then Pidge asked. "Wait. But I want to talk to the prisoners we rescued from the Galra ship." Kora understand, Pidge wants to find her father and brother.
"Negative, number five. I have you ranked by height, Okay" Coran stopped Pidge using his hands to measure her, before standing up straight.
"The prisoners need to remain in the cryo-replenisher's until tomorrow." He told Pidge, Kora puts her hand on Pidge's shoulders. "That's right. Now, get to your lions." Allura told them.

And with that they went to their lions. Kora went to her, she zip line down, and she let's go into a tube, and she landed on a speeder. Rased down to her lion. As Kora entered her lion. "Hey, purple are you ready for today." She asked her lion. She heard purple let's out a purr in responded. And they fly out, to meet the other.
When they got their, Kora saw the others, but Hunk.
"Should someone go in after him." Lance said. "Dont worry, Hunk will come." Kora told Lance. But then they saw Hunk coming in his lion. "He's coming." Kora said. "Hi, guys. Sorry, everybody." Hunk said, breath out. "Seriously through, can't they park these things like a little closer to the bridge." Hunk told, everyone, but then Shrio said, as everyone in their lions look at the service. "All right, guys. Let's just fly in tight formation until we're totally in sync."
Then Allura appears on a screen. "Feel the bond with your lions and your fellow pilots until six become one unit and you form Voltron." She told them.
"Ok, Princess." Kora said nodding her head. And then the six lions launched off into the air.
They flow for a long time, and nothing is happening.
Kora is now getting bored. " Whoo." Hunk said weakly. "Am I the only one who's still pretending to be excited."
"Yeah." Kora grumbles out.
"Clearly, this isn't working. Let's set down for a little bit." Shiro said. But then Keith said through the comms. "Maybe we should be building voltron from the ground up."
Kora raised an eyebrow, as Shiro asked. "What do you mean."
"I mean, let's try literally building voltron like, stacking on top of each other." Keith said his idea.
"Like a cheerleading pyramid." Lance said chuckling. "Let's try it out." Kora said.
As they got to building the lions, to stand on each other, but Hunk was in the wrong place.
"Hunk you are the leg." Kora said, as she was the wings on the black lion.
Hunk went to were he is.
"Feel, the bonds of your lion, Focus." Shiro told everyone. Kora closed her eyes and let out a deep breath. And they wait. But nothing happens. "It's not working." Kora mutters out, with her eyes still close. "Why was this so much easier before." Lance said, Shiro let's out a sigh. "Let's take a break."
Then Allura called over the com. "Sorry to interrupt, but I may be able to help.
Yesterday, you weren't able to form Voltron until you were in the heat of battle." Kora eyes widened, when Allura said that. "Oh, no." Kora muttered out. While the rest agree, with that.
"Perfect, because I need to run a diagnostic test on all of the castle defenses. This should help." Allura explains happily.
A barrier appears around the castle, as it shot lasers at them. As everyone ran.
"Allura, what are you doing." Keith asked, as his lion dodges the firing.
"Running a diagnostic test on the castle defenses and inspiring you." Allura said.
Kora didn't listen to the conversation, as she was busy dodging, she was good at dodging the blast, while everyone struggled.
She trained every single day, from fight and dodging from practice guns.
"Man Kora, you are great at this." Lance  told Kora, as he was dodging from a blast. "I training every day, on different stuff. From Fight, gymnastics and dodging." Kora said, as she easily dodges from a nother blast.
It continues on for a few minutes, intell the firing stop, and the shield was down. "I am go back to the castle, I need a drink." Kora said, as her lion fly backs to the castle.
As Kora was sitting down in the lounge, while drinking. As Lance, Hunk, Pidge and her brother joined her.
Then Allura came in, with Coran. When she saw them, she said. "You did it, you form Voltron."
"Sorry Allurra, but we didn't." Kora said, as she drinks her water. "Yeah, the firing stopped and the Shield went down. And we came in." Keith said
"What." Allura said, not happy.
"Oh, I am sorry princess. I had to turn off the castle defenses. To test the fire suppressors." Coran told Allura.
Then Shiro came in. "What are you guys doing. We are not on break." He said. "Ok, just let me finish my water." Kora said getting up and taking the last drink of water.
Then she heard Allura said, about a Training deck.
"You have a Training deck." Kora asked the princess.