𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚢 (Cᴀᴛʀᴀ)

(This is an AU where they live on earth and not Etheria)
// Word count : 1570 //

You knock on Catra's door. Holding your skates waiting for her. You and Catra are supposed to go skating today at the rink. You know how to skate and...well, Catra doesnt so your supposed to help her learn how to skate today.

"Hey Y/N" Catra opens the door. You smile seeing her. Since you two had been friends for so long she was...nicer to you then everyone else. Which made you feel special, but also a bit spoiled. "Hi Catra! Ready to go to the rink?" You ask her enthusiastically. Catra laughs at your enthusiasm. "Yeah, i got the keys" she winks at you and takes out a pair of car keys from her pocket.

Catra actually drives. Unlike you, who likes to either take your bike or walk to places. She walks past you up to her car and you follow her, jumping into the backseat. You put on your seatbelt as Catra starts driving off to the skating rink. "You seriously need go to a driving school, i dont wanna take you everywhere" Catra laughs and so do you. "But i need to get lots of money for that, dont i? Im poor" you pick up your wallet from your purse and count the small amount of money inside. "You dont need to prove yourself to me" Catra fixes the rearview mirror to see you as she says that. "I know" When you finish counting the amount you tell her and she laughs at you. But in a friendly way of course.

Soon Catra parks the car and both of you jump out of it heading to the rink. There are a bunch of people and bright lights inside. Plus music. "Ugh these lights are killing me! And this sappy music" Catra says in an annoyed tone as you both sit down by a table. "I think the music is fine, the lights make it look better because otherwise everything just looks so plain" you explain to her. "Come on, you cant be serious right?"

She looks out into the rink where people are just skating around. "I am very serious" you tell her in a not so serious tone. "I gotta go get some skates, wait for me by the rink" You nod as Catra walks off to borrow some skates. Rummaging through your purse you take out your own skates. Taking off your shoes you put them on and wobble over to the rink, clinging onto the edge. A few minutes later Catra stumbles over to the rink.

"Wow your worse then i thought" You laugh at her failing to stand straight. Taking her hands you place them on the edge of the rink so she has something to hang on to. "You got me, but as soon as i learn im going to skate so fast that you cant keep up with me" You saw that Catra felt slightly embarrassed about not being able to skate. But it felt good being better then her at something. "Im sure you'll crash if you do end up being faster" you laugh again. She laughs along.

As you get off the edge Catra turns around, looking at you expectantly. Before you get to say anything you feel someone else grabbing your hand pulling you into a hug. "Y/N! I didnt think you'd be here" You see that its Glimmer, she is also one of your close friends. Suprisingly you didnt see Adora or Bow with her. "Glimmer! This does seem like a place you'd be at so i cant say the same about you" You both laugh. "Wanna skate and catch up a bit?" Glimmer smiled and looked at you expectantly. You look back at Catra who has turned back around again and...it seems like shes trying to skate by hanging onto the edge. Skating with Glimmer does sound fun, maybe leaving Catra for a few minutes will be fine. "Catra, im going skating with Glimmer, i'll be back"

Glimmer grabs your hand again as you both start skating off. Catra looks at you both annoyed as you do so. (We were supposed to skate, not her and sparkles...) Catra thought to herself. She continued to try skating but failed. She tripped a few times but got up. Minutes later you came back. Glimmer left you because she wanted to get drinks.

"Hows it going Cat?" You ask Catra which suprised her. She turned around and saw you there. "How nice of you to leave me alone... you were supposed to teach me how to skate!" Her expression turned sour. Maybe it was a bit rude leaving her..."I didnt think you would be upset by it, i just wanted to skate with Glimmer for a bit, but we can skate now" you smile at Catra but she turned away. Stumbling around.

"Im back! I got us some drinks" Glimmer awkwardly smiles at Catra. Catra looks like shes so done. She mutters something. Glimmer gave you a cola with ice and a straw. Pretty basic. "You can have mine" You held out your drink to Catra. She looks at you annoyed and turns away. You sigh and look at your drink sadly.

All of you skate out and back to your table. Since drinks werent actually aloud on the rink. Glimmer sits next to you as Catra sits infront. "Why is she so upset?" Glimmer whispers to you. She looks at Catra with concern. "Its because i left her to skate with you" Glimmer lets out an oh and continues drinking her soda. "Hahaha y'know i might go home my...my mom said that i need to make dinner!" Glimmer laughs awkwardly and stands up waving to both of us. When Catra looks away Glimmer gives you a thumbs up. I might aswell take this moment to talk to Catra you thought.

"I can go get you a drink, maybe some snacks if you'd like?" She looks at you for a moment. Like she needed to think. "Uh maybe some water" You nod and get up to get some for her. Just a small amount since it seemed like she wanted to leave. You come back and give it to her. As you sit back down Catra sighs. Maybe she wanted to talk now!

"Okay so, sorry i guess for getting so upset" Catra's cheeks turn a bit red. You knew she had a hard time of apologizing to people. Especially people she didnt like. "I should be the one apologizing since i upset you, im sorry Catra" you both make eye contact for a moment. "Yeah, it was your fault" Catra smirks which makes you smile. "If you dont mind, im taking whats left of sparkles drink" Catra reaches over to take Glimmer's drink. You laugh.

While Catra sips the soda your both quiet. Her expression turns into a more serious look. "I need to tell you something, but lets start going home first" She seemed hesitant to talk about whatever it was but you nod and get up from your seat.

You both jump into the car. Catra starts speaking when she starts up the car. "Earlier when you skated away with sparkles i got...jealous i guess, i dont like when your having so much fun with other people, i cant help it each time it happens" Catra sighs.

You fiddle with your fingers trying to come up with something to say. But nothing comes to mind. As you arrive at your house your about to get out of the car before you stop. You need to say something atleast, otherwise it'll be awkward between the both of you. So you decide to say whatever you come up with.

"Catra, its okay to be jealous, i sometimes get jealous too when you hang out with specific people, but you dont need to get so upset, you know i dont mean to make you feel that way" Thats the first thing that came up. Not the best way to word it but you tried. Catra got out of the car suddenly and you close the car door behind you getting out aswell.

"I hate getting this...sappy, but- uh..." Catra rubs her neck. Her cheeks getting a bit red. She furrowed her eyebrows struggling to get out whatever she wanted to say. "Im gonna make this quick s-so..." Catra's cheeks were fully red now and looking at you intensly. "Ilikeyou" She says quickly and crossed her arms waiting for an answer. "Catra i...i like you too" You give her a wide smile and she looks at you shocked.

"Your an idiot" She says and laughs. "how am i an idiot?" You laugh aswell. "You suck at comforting people" You both share a moment of silence after. "I have to go now so, i'll see you later Y/N" You decide to hug Catra which makes her jump a little but she carefully hugs you back. "See you later Cat" You let her go and she smiles.

You watch as she gets into her car, seeming happier then before. She drove away quickly after that. You never suspected that she liked you. Since you both just had that talk you never expected a confession right after. But now, you both know. Feeling closer then ever.