Book 1: Chapter 2: Trip to a Lake

Hello my yoyos welcome to a new chapter I hope you enjoy. And this will be a special chapter before the adventure begins. Have fun reading.
~~~

1-month time skip:

Adeen's Pov:

Pevensie and I have been staying in this house for a month now. I've been staying in my grandfather's study most of the time. I let the siblings since the only thing it does is makes me miss my own. Tho, I doubt they miss me at all.

I'm preparing a basket for my daily outing to the pond. I grab small amounts of fruit and carefully store small amounts of water. I fold and stuff the blanket under the basket's handles before leaving for the library to grab a book.

I walk past a small room and hear Peter and Edmund fighting again. I continued to walk as that had become an everyday thing. I stop walking with Susan in front of me. "Afternoon Susan" she acknowledges me before responding. We hear a door slamming loudly. Looking disappointed, she responded with, " certainly a good one. If you'll excuse me, I need to do something." Moving out her way. "Oh no, go ahead. I was in your way anyways."

After our interaction, I walked into the library and started looking for a book. After, I decide to settle on the story "Cinderella." Satisfied with my choice, I walked back to the kitchen, where my basket was waiting for me to leave. When I saw a figure sitting on one of the window seats.

It was Edmund, all mad from the argument. I was planning to walk by. But something came over me. I walk right up to him. "Afternoon Edmund." Take back that I spoke since we only saw each other during meal time. "Umm, afternoon?"

"I heard you got into an argument with Peter again." He just rolled his eyes "yea, so what? It's none of your business."

I bite my cheek to not say anything offensive. " yes, it is none of my business, but would you like to join me on my daily outing so you can leave this house for a few hours?"

He simply just looked up, confused. I wonder what he's thinking.

Edmund Pov:

Peter and I just had another argument. I don't get it. Why does he act like a dad if he isn't? And Susan always tries to get in the middle of everything, being all logical.

I suddenly feel a presence next to me. I look up to see Adeen. The professor's granddaughter, "Afternoon Edmund." I was taken aback that she was suddenly speaking to me. It was weird we only saw each other during meal time since I tried to avoid people. "Umm, afternoon?"

"I heard you got into an argument with Peter again." I just rolled my eyes. Why would she care "yea, so what is none of your business," I noticed her biting her inner cheek " yes, it is none of my business, but I would like to join on my daily outing so you can leave this house for a few hours?"

I just stared at her, unsure whether or not to take her offer. I was going to say no, but something pulled me to say yes. "Sure, anything to get out of here."

She smiled softly. "Alright, then, follow me; I have everything ready." I got up and followed her to the kitchen. Before she could get the basket full of things, I quickly grabbed it. I looked at her. It seemed she wanted to say something else but didn't. Instead, "Okay, let's head out by the back door." Nodding, "lead the way then."

Adeen's Pov:

I walk into the kitchen with Edmund behind me. I was about to put my book down so I could grab the basket when a hand reached behind me to grab it. I turned my head to see Edmund smile and picked it up with ease. 'Lucky, I have difficulty with how much I overpack.' "Okay, let's head out by the back door," pointing to the Connor of the kitchen. He simply nodded "lead the way then."

We walk out the back door, past the laundry room, and straight to the small woods. The walk was quiet and comfortable. After some time, we reached a small lake with a big willow tree near the shore.

We come to a stop " Welcome to the place that will take your worries away" I turn to him to see how mesmerized he is with the scenery before us

We come to a stop " Welcome to the place that will take your worries away" I turn to him to see how mesmerized he is with the scenery before us. I grab his hand a pull him to where I usually sit.

We walked around the lake, and under the willow, we stopped. I reached over for the blanket and started to set it up. I began by unfolding the blanket, then Edmund came by, grabbed two corners, and helped me lay it flat on the ground. Grabbing the basket and putting it in the center. I sat down. Looking up and seeing that he was still standing, I patted the place next to me.

Confusion, but still listened and sat down next to me, leaning on the big willow. " Now what?" He asked out of nowhere. " Well, we can do two or three things since this was last minute. One, we can read this book I brought." "What book is it?" I turn to him, "I'm sorry?" 'Did he just interrupt me?'

"I said, What book is it?" I turn away to reach over for my book. "Well, for one, It's called Cinderella, and two, did you just interrupt me?" "Yes, I did; I was curious about which book it was" I looked at him as his smirk grew. 'How cocky is this boy?' "Well, Mr. I interrupt people. I was going through our options. One was this book called Cinderella, two we can eat and talk about, and lastly, you like this one, but we can talk about what happened between you and Peter's fight today. It seems to happen frequently."

I raised an eyebrow as I erased that smirk off his face 'Bingo. I win; never interrupt me.' It took a while before he answered. " Let's read that book of yours. But you reading out loud, and I'll listen to the story while we eat." I nodded. "I like that plan.".

I got out of the book and turned to the first page as we both got comfortable. I finished reading 1/4 of the book before we packed up and headed back home.

We didn't realize that this was the first of our daily outings. Every day for the next nine months, we would visit the lake or walk around if the weather allowed us to. I got closer to each one of the Pevensies'. We were a family when we least expected it. We all spent a birthday and grew a year older. My feelings for Edmund grew with each passing day. It was all peaceful time flew right by us. Then it came to a stop on a rainy day.
~~~

Word count: 1147