Book 1: Chapter 3: Hide and seek

Hey hey hey! This is a super late update. I am in collage and I've been very busy with my assignments and work. But here is an update and I hope you enjoy! Like, comment, and enjoy the story. Bye my yoyo's

~~~
Present time 1940-

Adeen's Pov:

I was sitting in an armchair. My legs over the armrest reading 'snow white' is a kinda sad story. I can feel Edmund scraping underneath my chair, carving something out. "Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar. Come on, Peter Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar" Susan was playing a game she had invented. Poor Peter here is the victim. "Is it Latin?" Susan was satisfied with the answer "Yes..."

"Is it Latin for worst game ever invented?" Edmund called out from underneath the chair and came out to see his sister's reaction. Susan slammed the book shut and put it aside. "We could play hide-and-seek," Lu asked as she walked over to Peter to see if he had given in to her puppy eyes. Honestly, who can say no to that?!

Peter looked at her and answered sarcastically, "but we're already having so much fun!" He looked at Susan, who was fed up with the two boys. Lu being Lu gave her puppy eyes while shaking Peter's arm. "Come on, Peter, please." With a cute pouty face." pretty please?:

"One...two...three...four..." Lucy's smile grew, and he was now playing Lucy's game. Peter stood up to count as the rest of us hid. Ed sets down his pocket knife and grabs my hand to get me up from my seat, so we can try to hide together.

The four of us ran out of the room to look around the house to hide. We looked around the house. Ed peeks behind the curtains and looks under the furniture. We can hear Peter counting from a distance. Then I remember a spot. I grabbed Ed's hand a pulled him to it. We see Lucy in front of us, almost beating us to it. When Ed pushes her out of the way. "Ed!?" "What? I was here first!" Shaking my head. "Sorry, Lu."

She sticks her tongue out to Ed. Then turns to me, "it's okay," before running to hide. I felt Ed grabbing my hand and pulling me behind the curtains. I turn to see Ed. Realized how close we were standing to one other. I tried moving back, but he put his hand on my waist and pulled me close. "Shh, don't move; we'll get caught." He whispered softly into my ear.

My face grew a little bit red, and my hands stayed on his chest as I felt it rise up and down. I stayed still, admiring his miniature features. Like his long eyelashes, those tiny freckles dancing around his face, and those dark brown eyes that I get so lost in. I didn't realize we were slowly leaning in... when I heard Lucy yell, and we snapped out of our trance. I pushed away in a blushing mess. When Ed look annoyed at his sister.

Edmund Pov:

I pulled Adeen behind the curtain and put her close to me. I felt her try to move away. I put my hands on her waist and pulled her closer to me, leaving very little space. I leaned a little to her ear and whispered softly, "Shh, don't move; we'll get caught."

I pulled away and looked at her, taking in her features. Her lips look so soft, and those eyes, if eyes can trap you in a cage, I would have been locked up long ago. I slowly leaned down, mesmerized but her eyes. Our lips we about to touch when we heard Lu run out and yell. She pushed me away, all flustered. 'Bloody hell Lucy. I was so close.'

I pushed my head out of the curtains. "Shut up! He's coming!" Peter turns the corner and found us. I walked out of the curtain, and Adeen followed suit. I noticed Peter gave us a suspicious eye. "You know, I'm not sure you three have gotten the idea of this game."

I was done with this. I walk next to Peter with Adeen "weren't you wondering where I was?" I sarcastically answered, "That's the point! That's why he was seeking you!" I felt someone hit me on the arm. I touched it while rubbing it and turned to the guilty. It was Adeen giving me a warning glare. ' I swear if I didn't like this woman, I would have sent her to the other side of this earth.'

We all turn as we see Susan speed-walking toward us. "Does this mean I win?" Peter turns to her, "I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore." Then Lucy says something out of it " I've been gone for hours."

Adeen's Pov:

"I've been gone for hours." Hours? " Lucy, what do you mean by hours" Lucy took us to a spare room. Susan looks inside the wardrobe. Pushing the coats to the side. Slowly knocking at the back of the wardrobe. Ed was in the back checking it out, knocking back at Susan, " Lucy, the only wood in here is the back of the wardrobe. Peter sided with Susan "One game at a time, Lu, we don't all have your imagination."

The three of them tried to leave the room when Lu yelled, "But I wasn't imagining!" All three of them turned harshly "that's enough, Lucy" I grabbed Lucy's shoulders from behind. "Honestly, guys, do you believe Lucy would lie about this?" All three looked doubtful. "Well, I believe you." Stepping forward. "You do?" Lucy asks, questioning him. "Ed? Do you?" Know where this might lead too.

"Yeah, of course. Didn't I tell you about the football field in the cupboards?" I knew it. "Will you just stop? You just have to make everything worse, don't you." Peter told Edmund while getting mad at him. "It was just a joke!" Getting defensive. When are you gonna learn to grow up." I knew that he had hit a nerve.

He went up into his face and yelled, "Shut up! You think you're dad, but you're not!" He stormed out of the room. We all watched as Susan turned and said, "well, that was nicely handled." And walk away from the problem. "But...It was really there." Peter turns around to face us" Susan's right Lucy. That's enough." He walks out as well, leaving Lucy and me behind.

Lucy walked out of my arms and went to close the wardrobe doors. Looking like she was ready to cry. "Are you alright, darling?" Opening my arms for a hug; she greatly needed it. She snuggles in my arms and says sadly, "I'm okay, but why don't they believe me? It was real." I rubbed her back to calm her down. "Lu, what was the place called?"

"Narnia"

~~~

Word count: 1099