5

"Zhongli, that is asking a bit much, don't you think?" The mortal questioned. For the first time...Xiao could easily acknowledge that he agreed with the pale inazuman incomer. It was entirely not fair...Xiao felt about ready to cry and so he was not really all that shocked that the Human was able to slide up as he had. Usually that would agitate him more than he cared to think about but for now he could not even muster the typical agitation that came with a mortal unnerving him like that as it normally would. He just stared at the Human, surprised to realize that he was...agreeing with him, and actually bothering to stand up for him against his Master. Bad idea. Was really the only thing that Xiao could think of. He knew that it may come across as ungrateful, but he was aware of how his Master took to these sorts of things. Then again, perhaps this mortal has more sway over Master than I may know. He did fake his death in order to be with this mortal. It would make sense that he has some sway over Master's decisions. In what way...I do not know. "He just barely found out that you are not dead, and your first thing is to break a contract he likely held quite dear to him. He probably thinks that you are throwing him out." Xiao's eyes widened slightly, shocked that the Human was able to glean so much information.

"Xiao, is this true?" Zhongli questioned, turning his golden eyes to face him. Xiao did not know how to answer. He could not very well lie to his Master, but what would Zhongli think that a mere Mortal had managed to figure out his innermost thoughts so...effortlessly. He bit his lower lip but slowly nodded. He could not lie to his master, but that did not mean he did not want to. He knew that he was likely going to be in quite the trouble for allowing a Mortal to see his inner weaknesses for so long.

"It is alright, Master, I am merely glad to have served you for as long as I have, and am grateful that I have been allowed to do so." He whispered softly, fingers catching and twisting themselves into the blanket that he was laying over. Zhongli sighed, and it was a sigh that Xiao knew quite well. IT was the one reserved for when he had done something to agitate or upset the Lord. He almost wanted to curse himself for being so weak. Undoubtedly Morax was quite displeased with his emotional weaknesses.

"Xiao, I am not getting rid of you...I am merely breaking your old contract with me, that does not mean that I am releasing you from my service." He said gently. "I would not do that to you, if you wish to continue serving me, then you may, I will not throw you out just because I am no longer the Master of Liyue." Xiao licked his lips nervously, glancing up towards Morax.

"I...I do not understand, Master." Xiao whispered, admitting his faults once more, but this time with a Mortal near it made him feel sort of uncomfortable to do such a thing. He still barreled through. It was clear that his Master thought rather highly of this mortal, though Xiao could not understand why exactly that was, he was understanding enough not to question it and hesitate on his questions to his Master. Though he was unnerved, as he always was, admitting his lack of understanding at Rex Lapis' words.

"I may not be your master, persay, but that does not mean that we need to leave each other abound in Liyue. I am still around, and if you so wish, you may stay here with Tartagila and myself. I miss your company, Xiao, and I do not feel entirely comfortable leaving yourself to your own devices after the state in which I found you." Zhongli admitted, leaving Xiao to feel a sort of sense of shame curl through his spine.

"I understand, my Lord," Zhongli sighed, but did not question the use of the title, leaving Childe to look at him a bit annoyed, but did not say anything, deciding that it would be quite useless to do such.

"I will be leaving to obtain your medicine. I suppose you have not been taking it lately?" Zhongli questioned.

"No, Sire." Xiao spoke softly.

"And why is that?" Tartagila questioned. Xiao glanced towards the mortal, before looking once more towards the golden eyes of his master, wondering if he should answer the question, to which he was given a curt nod. What an unfair question. He thought, but he did not state that aloud.

"I did not know how to procure it, nor what was used to make it. Experimentation would only take longer than was necessary, and more dangerous than the karmic debit itself besides." Zhongli felt his brows furrow and a deep frown made its way to his lips. Tartagila noticed the upset agitation in his lover and wanted to ask why it was that he was agitated, but before he could do anything, Zhongli merely stated with a curt voice that he would handle it and ordered Xiao to stay in the house with Tartagila, before sweeping from the premises.

"What was that?"

"Rex Lapis was likely angered that someone disobeyed his orders. I presume some preperations were given and they were not carried out by the ones they were entrusted to." Xiao immediately answered.

"I see," Childe spoke slowly. He did not, but he would pretend. "What happened to you?" Xiao looked away towards the wall at that question.

"I was careless, and my debit caught up with me. Withouth the medicine my Lord provides my healing rate has been drastically lowered, and I almost died as a result of both my recklessness, and slower healing rate." Childe sighed heavily.

"You know Zhongli really does care about you. He worried about you endlessly since he left the position of reigning god of Liyue." Xiao did not answer that, not sure what to say to it. He knew that his master cared for him, but he was not entirely sure how much it was that he was cared for. At least, not anymore.