8

At the police station, one of Ken's subordinates approached him and said, "Sir, I have received information regarding the individual who booked the hotel for the event."

"And I also have details about the frequent visitors list. We have organized it based on the case, and there are a few individuals who match our criteria," he continued, not waiting for Ken's reaction, and handed over the file.

"Aadhiren. Sky. Aster. Karen. Gulf," Ken read aloud. As he reached the end of the list, his body trembled at the last name. He knew his brother worked for Suppasit Company and had come to the hotel for some work. However, seeing his beloved brother's name on the list was unbearable.

"Wait, tell me more about the last person," Ken questioned with fear in his eyes. It was the first time his subordinate had seen their leader in such a state.

"Are you alright, sir?" the subordinate asked, concerned.

"Nothing, tell me," replied Ken.

"Sir, he isn't the most frequent visitor like the others, but he visited the hotel three times before the ceremony. He is from Suppasit Company. We could have excluded him, but there are two reasons that make him a suspect," the officer explained.

"He was the one who booked the hotel for the ceremony, and he visited the hotel to check the security during the ceremony," the officer informed.

"Okay, go ahead. I have something to do," said Ken abruptly, leaving the station without waiting for any reaction.

As Ken drove, he felt a numbness he had never experienced before in his career. He had solved many horrible cases, but the fear of his brother being entangled in this one, which could affect his future, terrified him.

"Why do patients go to psychiatrists when their beloved family could solve their problems? It's simple. When it comes to our loved ones, our brains don't work rationally," Ken thought to himself.

It was already 11 o'clock in the morning when Ken arrived at his brother Gulf's office. However, Gulf wasn't there, so Ken went to Mew's chamber instead.

Inside the office, Gulf sat on the couch, listening to Mew's words with an amused expression, as if he were hearing something magical. Mew held a file in his hand and walked while narrating something to gulf. They seemed to be in their own world, unaware of Ken's arrival.

Knocking on the door, Ken caught their attention.

Gulf's face lit up with happiness upon seeing his brother. As for Mew, he felt a little embarrassed about their last meeting but didn't show any signs of it.

"Brother, how are you? Is there anything special for coming here? Whatever it is, you have to dine with me today without fail," Gulf bombarded Ken with questions and requests.

"Well, Gulf, I am here as an officer today, and I have some questions to ask you. You should cooperate," Ken said coldly, devoid of any emotions in his eyes.

Gulf sensed that something was wrong with Ken, as it was the first time he witnessed his brother's cold aura.

"Yes, sure," Gulf replied.

Mew, confused about the situation, decided to ignore it and welcomed Ken to take a seat near the couch.

"Are you the one who booked the hotel for the ceremony?" Ken questioned.

"Yes, sir, it was me," Gulf answered.

"Why?"

"It's nothing specific, sir. As Suppasit Company holds some shares in that hotel, we could say it was an advertising strategy to gain popularity."

"Why did you personally go to check the security for the ceremony? It was Cabana Company's responsibility to provide security," Ken inquired.

"Well, I'll answer that. I was the one who asked Gulf to visit and check the security for our own safety," Mew explained, still confused.

"Can I ask why you're inquiring about this? Is there a problem?" Mew asked in return.

"It's nothing. Mew, I know what kind of person you are, and I really trust you. But can you promise me not to involve Gulf in any kind of danger?" Ken requested.

Both Gulf and Mew were still in a daze, observing Ken's conflicting emotions.

"I assure you, Ken, Gulf is someone who is most important to me. I'll always protect him, no matter what, even if it costs my life," Mew assured.

"I know my brother better than he knows himself. I can sense something is bothering him just by looking at him. Maybe he suspected me for visiting the hotel," Gulf thought to himself.

There was another knock on the door, and this time it was Techno.

"Boss, Mr. Bozz said he had an urgent meeting with a client, so he asked you to take over the meeting scheduled by XXX Ltd.," Techno informed.

Ken was momentarily annoyed to see the person who had scared him last time, but he interrupted, "Well, Gulf, you asked me to dine with you today, right? If you are all free tonight, we could dine together. What do you say?"

Gulf was excited about the dinner and, as per Ken's intention, invited Techno to join them. Techno had no choice but to accept Gulf's invitation.

"Well, I'm excited to meet you, Techno," Ken thought mischievously in his mind and smiled towards Techno.

___________________________________________

What do you think about gulf, is he involved in the mystery...??