Ch.24: The Fire

I finally walk into the house. Immediately mom comes walking towards me. "What the fuck were you thinking?!?" She asks shouting.

"Relax I didn't get expelled." I say.

"That's not the point! 3 detentions and suspended for a fucking week!!! Come on kid seriously what were you thinking." Mom shouts.

"Hmm?" She asks.

"You done yelling so I can tell you what happened?" I say.

"Don't give me attitude young lady." Mom says.

"Yup sure. Where's Mama?" I say.

"At the store. Your in deep shit when she gets home. Go upstairs to your room." Mom says.

I toss my backpack to the ground and go upstairs. I lock myself in my room, I hear mama come home.

I get called down for dinner. I sigh and go downstairs, I'm quiet while eating. Mama finally breaks the silence.

"Your grounded. Until I say so, give us your phone." She says.

I toss my phone onto the table. "Anything else?" I ask.

"Get rid of the fucking attitude. Gwen Stacy." She says.

I tense up. Mom breaks the silence again. "Were you ever like this with your parents?"

They both sit there waiting for a answer. I clench my jaw and clench my fists. Mom and Mama both notice this.

"G-Gwen we di---"

"Fuck you! Don't ever talk about them!" I throw my plate against the wall and it shatters. I grab my phone.

I stand up and storm off to my room. I slam the door shut, I start breaking shut and throwing stuff. "Fuck!!!!" I punch the mirror and it shatters I continue punching the mirror.

I sit on my bed and hold my head in my hands. I get up and start packing bags, I open up my window. I turn my phone on silent, I slip it into my pocket and sneak out the window. I use my web shoots and web away into the night.

I come across an empty building and go inside. I fall asleep on the mattress, I wake up the next morning I check the time on my phone cause my Apple watch died and I didn't have my charger.

I see a bunch of missed calls and missed text messages from my parents and the girls on the team.

Mom: Gwen I'm sorry, can you please come home?

Mama: Gwen please answer, we're sorry. We love you. 

Tobin: Gen. Are you there? Please pick up, we're worried about you.

Hope: Your parents told us what happened. Please come home, they didn't mean anything they said.

There were 100+ more text messages and 100+ missed calls.

My phone pings. I pull out my phone and check it.

Mom: We love you, please come home.

I swipe up and turn off my phone. I grab my backpack, I hide my other bags and then leave the old building.

I walk to school and go inside. When I walk inside I see Erin standing there, she waves me over. I sigh and walk over to her.