Chapter 8 - Dreams

at the black manor:

As we finished supper, dessert came out.

Auntie Bella raised her glass and made a toast, "To the Ancient and Noble House of Black and it's new connections to Herielle Merlin, may we all go down the right path and fix this Wizarding World. May we all come and stay together for the glorious return of the Dark Lord."

As she spoke, everyone lifted their glasses in union.

As she finished, everyone lifted their glasses higher and all took a sip.

As dessert went on, Cassiopea began to ask more questions.

"Do you know of the Dark Lord?"

"I've only just now heard of him, who is he?" I watched as her eyes gained a sudden gleam and her lips formed a significant smirk.

"The most glorious and intellectual wizard in history, I'll tell you all about him. Although Cygnus knows a lot more."

"The Dark Lord has incomparable strength, he knows everything. He believed that the modernization of Wizarding culture was horrible, that we need to remember out customs and beliefs. Naturally, many agreed and began to follow him. However many were opposing him- the Light- and things got violent. The Dark Lord is currently in hiding, but he will come back. And he will rule."

"It's very important to preserve ones culture- both customs and beliefs. Is there any reason as to why people did not want it preserved?"

"Muggles. They became enamored with muggle technology, they wanted to implement it and live hand in hand. But it had been attempted before, but it ended with the muggles trying to kill us. That's why we have to create out own world, hidden for our safety."

Cygnus chimed in, "they have no regard for the safety of the Wizarding World, if they have constantly persecuted us and continue to persecute their fellow muggles based on their religion/race/identity- what would happen to us? Of course we are too strong and skillful for them to defeat us, but many would be lost."

I sat in silence,, processing the information. The Light and Dark seemed to oppose one another on the topic of muggle involvement. While the Light liked the technological advancements of muggles and wished to mix both communities, I suspected that was why they began to adopt muggle culture and traditions. Because that way it would be easier to transition into the muggle world, it's manipulative conditioning.

However the Dark disliked the idea of combining, both for good and quite self-centered reasons. They were right that it is not the safest option- for the Wizarding World in general. They dislike the glorification and blatant ignorance for the muggles history and current actions. They wish to preserve Wizarding culture both because they find it important and believe themselves superior.
It was also worth noting that although there were significant advancements one could thank muffles for, there was a disregard for all the previous witch and wizard works.
Within the families rank, honor, and prestige were the most important. To commemorate the others was key.

—— might edit this more, sorry for the super late update it's been super busy for me and I forgot my password but I'm writing another chapter as we speak so I'll have another chapter by new years ! Sorry this is so short I just wanted to publish smth so y'all didn't forget this 😭😭😭