Repetitive

It had been about a week after they had escaped. They had a steady flow of cash in the rich neighborhood they were staying near. Of course... near meant the walk from their hotel to the rich neighbor was a hefty one but they all got to talk and get to know each other a lot better over that week.

Tyler had an obvious crush on Penelope. Markus was always willing to stay near her and Veil. Veil seemed like she was extremely protective over Riley; and Penelope... well she was sort of a mystery still but she was the most oblivious one out of all of them.

Riley had repeated the names she knew of so far. Over and over again. Frank. Julie. Frank. Julie. Julie and Frank.

Veil noticed but she didn't ask until Riley started writing those names down on everything she could find.

"Ember..!" Veil called out to Riley but her fake name they had chosen. She walked over to Riley and tapped her on the shoulder.

Standing in the middle of an Office Debot, Riley wasn't really paying attention to anything other than the notebook in her hand as she wrote the names.

She looked up at Veil. "Oh... Uh..." She looked back at the notebook. "I'm sorry..." Riley went to rip the page out but Veil stopped her.

"It's a dollar notebook. And 50c pen. You can buy it we have enough." Veil said in a soft understanding tone.

"Right... Thanks, Lyf..." Riley said in a sigh uttering Veil's fake name.

After they had gotten out of the store, Veil stopped her. "Riley... What's those names?"

Riley shushed her loudly before taking a deep breath. "I don't know... They're from the nightmares... When they talked to me..."

"Frank and Julie..?" Veil sighed. "Weird... Do you have any other clues?"

"No... Just the names... and the masks..." Riley rubbed her neck as Veil led her back towards camp.

"We'll ask the others and see if they have any ideas... okay?" Veil smiled softly at Riley.

"Alright..."

~ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ~

"You could check the library... Like check Toogly or something?" Markus said from the hotel bathroom as he finished dying his hair.

"That's true." Tyler agreed with a towel on his head. "Also... HURRY UP PROM QUEEN! I need this towel off my head I'm burning up!" He yelled in impatience.

"Ahhhh!" Markus yelled back from the bathroom. "Jeez... You know you're not the only one dying their hair right? Veil, Riley, and Penelope need their hair dyed too." He said walking out as Tyler pushed past him.

For a while there was silence and then Tyler let out a yell. "I TURNED INTO A FUCKING GINGER! I WANTED BLONDE. BLONDE!!!"

Penelope ran into the bathroom as Veil followed, Markus following as well but Riley sitting on the bed in her own world. Writing the names again. Drawing the masks.

When Riley came back to reality, Penelope was laying on the bed dying of laughter. "What's wron-" Riley looked at Tyler's hair as he shook Veil who was also laughing and, of course, Riley followed along when she saw his ginger hair. "Oh my god..."

~ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ~

After everything had calmed down with Tyler and Markus had gotten to console him, Riley was getting her hair dye massages into her head by Veil. Riley was nearly out of it. Veil kept waking her up but eventually she just fell asleep, leaning her head back again Veil's stomach.

Veil was going to wake her up but seeing her in no distress, she sighed with relief and just finished up getting the dye in. She had finished her own with little trouble those the green was darker than she thought it would be. Pen's wasn't bad to get in either since she knew how to neutralize the pink in her hair. Pen now walked around as a platinum blonde. It was cute.

Riley woke up that morning to Veil reading the local paper sipping coffee and Markus coming out of the bathroom.

Another restful night but... at what cost... what were her nightmares planning?