Research

At the local library, Riley skimmed through the local news for a Frank and Julie. Then the State News with no luck. Veil was helping her search while Markus babysat Tyler, the grieving failed blonde, and sticky fingered Penelope.

Eventually, getting pissed off, Riley just turned Toogly's search engine to National News. At first she didn't pay any attention to News outlets outside of the US until she noticed a post from the Canadian Canary Newspaper from late 2029, or 4 years ago, that talked about Frank, Joey, Julie, and Susie.

Believe to be masked robbers aged anywhere between 16-20 that went missing. They were suspected to last be seen near a local grocery store but Canadian Police searched their locally abandoned resort, Mount Ormond, to see if they had taken up residence there.

That was all Riley needed to know. She called her group over and had them all read what she had and watch the videos that went with them. Pictures of them unmasked and pictures of their masks drawn from eyewitness statements by a professional artist.

That night back at the hotel, Riley made notes of everything she could while the others slept.

She knew her fight wasn't over. But being a survivor wasn't about winning battles. It was about winning the war.