One January Night

Warning: I sadly do not own any of the characters, they are all the property of Fox. Okay, enjoy!

A/N: Y'all thank you for reading this, this is my first Wattpad story so I apologize for any spelling errors or whatnot. Originally this story was just supposed to be a joke between me and my friend but we decided to post ours and see if ppl would actually like them (Check out my friend's her user is: idkrandom357) So enjoy! Btw this story will probably be cringe in some parts so don't mind that also Ik it doesn't get very cold in LA in the winter and it hit me after I wrote it but yk it's fine ignore that. Okay, happy reading! 

Eddie POV:

It was a cold night in the month of January. Everything was still after I put Christopher to sleep. The light from the tv shined on my face and revealed particles of dust in the air. I mindlessly watched an episode of Criminal Minds and felt alone. I wish I had someone to share these nights with, If I did maybe it would be a little brighter and warmer in the house at night. Someone like Buck would be perfect to spend my time with. I wish I could find a woman like buck. I turned off my tv and let the moment take over me. I got up and turned to walk to my kitchen, I felt more cold wash over my body as I opened the fridge. I grabbed out a beer in hopes it would cure my loneliness. Maybe I should call Buck? I asked in my head. So with drink in hand, I made my way over to my phone. I clicked on Buck's profile and gave him a call.

Buck POV:

I woke up with my phone buzzing at my side. I sat up running my hands through my hair. "Hello?" I said into the phone. "Hey, do you wanna come over tonight?" Eddie asked with a tone I'd never heard. "Sure, but are you doing okay? It's pretty late and you sound well I guess sad?" I said concerned. "Yes I'm okay, I just need someone to make tonight a little less boring" "ooh maybe you should call a girl for that Eddie" "oh not like that get your head out of the gutter" I laughed. "Okay I'm heading over now," I said, getting my keys. I locked up the apartment and headed towards the parking lot with my jeep. I hopped in and made my way to Eddies.

Eddie POV:

I felt a little lovesick when buck said I should call a girl for that, I mean I would with him, not to be weird or anything he's just good-looking I thought. I knew things were a little weird when I felt this for my best friend but I stuffed it down and blamed it on the alcohol in my system. I heard a small knock on the door and I knew it was buck, he always knocked quietly at night. "Hey," I said opening the door, "Eddie, are you sure you're fine, you look a little stressed," Buck said worriedly. "Yea I'm fine I just need someone to spend tonight with" "Here you go again with the romantic stuff, you need a girlfriend dude" "Shut up not like that just get in, it's cold," I said questioning why buck had made that remark again. Maybe he likes me? No that couldn't be possible...

Buck POV:

I made another stupid joke about us being romantic hoping that he wouldn't catch on. We sat down on his couch and realized why it had felt so boring for him. It was freezing and dark in the room. "Damn dude how do you live like this?" I said turning the light on and getting a blanket. I sat down and put the blanket over both of us. "What do I not get my own blanket babe?" He said jokingly "Who's doing the romantic jokes now?" I said laughing. "Here I can grab you another one-" I said, being stopped by Eddie's arm holding mine. "Woah dude are you good?" I asked.

Eddie POV:

Oh, shit did I actually just grab his arm like that? I thought to myself. "Sorry uh no you don't have to grab me one we can just share," I said. "Oo Eddie you wanna share do you like me or something?" He said jokingly "oh shut up," I said not admitting I was sort of attracted to him. "So what do you wanna watch?" I asked. "Hmm I see you were watching criminal minds so why not that? '' he asked. "Okay, that works said Turning on a creepy episode. The episode was about a man turning people into human marionette dolls, creepy right? (A/N: Iykyk) As the bones of the people cracked I could feel bucks grip tighten on my arm. "You good scaredy cat?" I asked. "Oh shush, I'm just a little freaked out by it okay?" He said. We finished the episode and it was about 1:30 am. We should definitely get some sleep.

Buck POV:

I was still a little freaked out about the criminal minds episode but I pushed the fear down and yawned. "You tired," Eddie asked "Yea I think I need sleep," I said. "Understandably we had a long shift, let's get some rest," he said. "You can have my bed, I'll take the couch," Eddie said offering. "No there's no way I'm in your house making you sleep on the couch, I'll sleep here," I said. "Whatever floats your boat," he said. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep but all I could see was the creepy guy in the episode. I tried and tried to fall asleep but every little sound had me scared until I rolled on the floor accidentally. My fall made a sound loud enough for Eddie to hear and I was immediately embarrassed

Eddie POV:

I walked into the living room hearing a thud, seeing buck on the ground with a terrified look on his face when he realized I walked in. "Woah are you okay?" I asked. "Uhh, yea just fell off that's all" "Are you sure there's not more," I said trying to pry it out of him. "Okay fine I was scared of that episode and I fell off nothing to worry about" I laughed "it's okay just try not to fall off the bed unless you'd wanna sleep with me? And don't make any jokes this time I don't mean it in a weird way" "if you don't mind I will" I laughed thinking about how he makes himself out to be all tough but here he is on my living room floor whining about a fake episode and wanting to sleep in my room.

Buck POV:

I couldn't believe I let a stupid episode of criminal minds get to my head so much that I have to disturb Eddie and sleep with him. I picked myself up off the floor and followed Eddie to his room. Eddie got into the bed and I followed after him. Once we were both laying if there I could feel both of us staring up at the ceiling. "Thanks, Eddie for letting me do this and all," I said laughing a bit

Eddie POV:

"Yea it's no problem, goodnight buck love you," I said not realizing my words. "Did you just say I love you?" Buck said and my eyes shot open. "I-uh sorry," I said awkwardly stammering with my words. "Eddie I don't see you say I love you to anyone but Christopher, not even your past girlfriends. Do you really mean it?" Buck asked and I could feel the want to spill everything out to buck and tell him how I feel. In this small space between us, I could feel the tension and the realization of how much I really do love the person next to me. "Buck," I said blankly "Yea Eddie?" He asked. "I think I have feelings for you," I said scared for the reply. I could feel buck breathing hard next to me.

Buck POV:

"Eddie.." I said feeling Eddies terror next to me. "Yea?" He asked. "I feel the same, I didn't know if it was true or not, I kept making small jokes and ignoring it but I don't think I can anymore..." I said. "I know what you mean, I guess I didn't want to believe it," he said. I turned to face him seeing his red cheeks and glassy eyes. "Can I... kiss you?" I asked in a quiet voice, almost a whisper. He didn't reply, he just swiftly kissed me on my lips. I knew he was the one for me. All my trying with Abby and Taylor Kelly was in the past now, Eddie was what mattered. As we separated there was silence for a few seconds. "I love you, Eddie," I said, " more than anyone else, so promise me, will you stay?" I asked

Eddie POV:

"Of course, I will, forever and always," I said. "And I love you too". "Better hope Hen doesn't find out about this or you know she's probably gonna win 50$ from the others" buck said joking. I put my arm around buck and pulled the covers over us a bit better. "Goodnight buck, I love you," I said. "Love you Goodnight" I heard buck say as we slowly fell asleep. I knew that tomorrow morning we'd have to talk this through but I just let myself take in the moment of having a sleepy buck in my arms. Finally, I felt something other than coldness in the household at night, I felt the warmth of another person's body, especially the one I love. And finally, my room seemed a little brighter. I felt like a kid again, I felt like someone who had just seen colors for the first time. I felt as if I finally had meaning again. 

A/N (Again): Ty for reading this! Ik it's bad but I have chapter 2 already written, which I'll probably post after this. Y'all tell me if you actually like this and want me to write more.